Mariner Junior Suite Question - Specifically 9270

We are booked in JS #9270 on the Mariner. It will be me, my husband, his 18 yo son and my 14 yo daughter. Trying to figure out sleeping arrangements. RCI says we cannot have rollaway in this room. I have seen other posters who say they have had rollaways in JS. I'm not sure why we can't. Are the pull out sofas comfortable?

I don't have a real answer, but would check on it again. I can't see an 18 yo male and 14 yo female being comfortable (in any sense of the word) being both on the sofa bed. I've also heard that the sofa bed is not that large and not too comfortable for 2 people anyway.

Hope you get this resolved.

beachchick

We were in a JS on Explorer and tried to get a rollaway prior to sailing and were told no. Upon boarding we asked our cabin steward and it was not a problem. The sofa bed is small and hard for two people.

I'm having a similar problem (just different aged children). I had my TA call, then I called RCI to see about the rollaway. Apparently they changed their policy sometime in the last 6 months or so. My plan is to ask for the rollaway when we get there... but in case that doesn't work out, I am going to take an air mattress to make sure we are covered.

skatemom - Have you considered getting an inside stateroom for your children? I can't imagine sharing a JS with my two teens, nor would they want to sleep in the same bed.:eek: We book insides across the hall for the same amount that we would pay for a third and fourth in the JS. We get more room and two bathrooms that way as well.

Archived