Deck 11 on the Jewel

Hi, I have a few questions, I have only been on one cruise before and it was on the Epic. We are thinking of going on the Jewel to the Bahamas out of New York next March. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the mini-suites on deck 11 are very noisy, will we be disappointed with the Jewel and will it be cold on deck on our sea days? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

We'll be 11064 on the Jewel in a few weeks. I'll give a report after. I've been minis on the Pearl (same as the Jewel basically). Two different locations both had their own type of noise from above. I've "scientifically" selected this Jewel location this time and hope for a quieter mini. Must add, neither before were unbearable, just distracting. Also, be aware that mid ship minis have a much larger overhang on the balcony. (look at the deck plan of deck 12 and you can see the reason). I like that. Keeps the rain and hot tropical sun off more. However, some want more sun and smaller overhangs. Plan accordingly.

We had a midship mini-suite, 11550, and it was very quiet. Maybe once or twice we heard a chair scrape as they were placed out the for the day on the deck above. I fell asleep out on the balcony! There was very little foot traffic in the halls too. I would recommend deck 11 highly.:)

I've been in 11002 (first mini-suite, starboard, forward) on both the Gem and Jewel. It's under the spa. It's the first passenger cabin on Deck 11 on the starboard side. Next door is the Cruise Director's cabin and you almost never hear anything from that side because the CD almost never sleeps (always out and about running around directing activities). Also just a few steps from the Bridge Observation Room. Totally quiet. No problems whatsoever.

Hi

We were in 11064 in March, and in my view, it is the perfect cabin. I heard no noise from above. We were 10 steps from the center elevators/stairs that led up to the buffet, which means my husband got up, while I slept, and went upstairs with our big thermal mugs, filled them from the coffee pot in the back that has the fresh ground coffee beans, filled a plate of pastries, and brought it back to the room and then woke me up. perfect. (I am not sure the other side of the ship in the same location would be as good because it is directly under the Kids Club.

We went on March 17. I recognize this was a very mild winter and next year might not be the same, but people were in the hot tubs when we left NY, and by noon on Sunday lots of people were at the pool.

terry

Hi

We were in 11064 in March, and in my view, it is the perfect cabin. I heard no noise from above. We were 10 steps from the center elevators/stairs that led up to the buffet, which means my husband got up, while I slept, and went upstairs with our big thermal mugs, filled them from the coffee pot in the back that has the fresh ground coffee beans, filled a plate of pastries, and brought it back to the room and then woke me up. perfect. (I am not sure the other side of the ship in the same location would be as good because it is directly under the Kids Club.

We went on March 17. I recognize this was a very mild winter and next year might not be the same, but people were in the hot tubs when we left NY, and by noon on Sunday lots of people were at the pool.

terry

Thanks for the info. My research indicated it looked pretty good. We were in a mini on the Pearl once under the Garden Cafe. We heard no noise from the normal activity. However, when the staff set up or took down a meal, they used heavy metal carts to do so. They made considerable noise when rolling across the tectured tile portion of the floors. Unfortunately, this occured early morning while setting up for breakfast and late evening while cleaning up after buffet closed. The next cruise on the Pearl, we were under the Kid's Club. That would occasionally sound like they werre playing football up there, thumping and banging. However, this noise was over by 9 or 10 pm and didn't begin until mid morning. Deck 12 above the dec 11 minis does have a lot of activity in various locations that can be noisy. But 11064 does look good.

We'll be 11064 on the Jewel in a few weeks. I'll give a report after. I've been minis on the Pearl (same as the Jewel basically). Two different locations both had their own type of noise from above. I've "scientifically" selected this Jewel location this time and hope for a quieter mini. Must add, neither before were unbearable, just distracting. Also, be aware that mid ship minis have a much larger overhang on the balcony. (look at the deck plan of deck 12 and you can see the reason). I like that. Keeps the rain and hot tropical sun off more. However, some want more sun and smaller overhangs. Plan accordingly.

We had a mini suite on the Pearl and our balcony had an overhang on it and I loved it! In AK you can get rained on, so being able to be out on deck in the rain and not get wet (or very wet) was great.

We were under the buffet and noticed almost zero noise.

Archived