Carbonated Water and Security

I drink lots of water and plan on bringing a few bottle of a flavored bottled water that is carbonated. I did it last year and security didn't look at one bottle I had.

I was wondering though if they shook them, would they think its booze? If they do can I open it to prove its water? (of course it will fizz all over the damn place after the shake)

I drink lots of water and plan on bringing a few bottle of a flavored bottled water that is carbonated. I did it last year and security didn't look at one bottle I had.

I was wondering though if they shook them, would they think its booze? If they do can I open it to prove its water? (of course it will fizz all over the damn place after the shake)

You are allowed 12 -20oz per person in your carry on.

Who knows if they will look at them or shake them.

LOTS of them being carried through check in.

So...If something looks unusual about them..they might.

A couple weeks ago in Galveston, they didn't shake any in one carry on and shook every bottle in another. I would think you might have to tell them it's carbonated if they start shaking.

They are looking for fingers. The same as you might do with a glass of wine. Of course, some of them are morons and have no clue what they are doing or looking for.

Last cruise there was one shaking a plain bottle of sealed water I had. Over and over. Finally one of the security people with a brain yelled from about 20 feet away - "IT'S WATER"

They are looking for fingers. The same as you might do with a glass of wine. Of course, some of them are morons and have no clue what they are doing or looking for.

Last cruise there was one shaking a plain bottle of sealed water I had. Over and over. Finally one of the security people with a brain yelled from about 20 feet away - "IT'S WATER"

Thanks for the info. I always hear folks say they were looking for bubbles.

Archived