Your next cruise would be....

I haven't even thought of booking Oasis or Allure. I think I would miss the ocean. I love to stare out the window (or from my balcony) and just watch the water go by. Plus, both are way expensive compared to similar itineraries. Plus, DH lost his job of 22 years in 2009. We used to have to come up with a way to spend 7 weeks of vacation. Hmm, now we have to find a way to only enjoy 1 week :mad:. So, heading to the Bahamas on Majesty day after Thanksgiving and a special itinerary on Brilliance next April to Aruba, Curacao, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. I would love to do Norway and Russia but they are summer itineraries and that is DH busy time of the year. Good thing we got Alaska out of the way before he got this job or we would have never made it there.

Our next cruises and why: While we do have the Allure in January, it is only because of the ship. We have exhausted the Caribbean, and want to see other countries. The one in September goes to Scandinavia and Russia.

What we will probably book next: E. European, Norwegian Fyords, or Canary Islands. I want to actually spend time (more than a few hours or 1 day pre or post cruise) in places like Rome and Venice, so we'll start looking at the W. European after our land vacation to Italy next year.

Ship: Aside from the Allure, the ship isn't the main focus...it will just be whatever ship sails the itinerary we want.

As a side note, we weren't disappointed with our Adventure cruise in March...which was 3 months after we sailed on the Oasis.

Southern Caribbean will not disappoint! It's so port intense, you won't mind being on a smaller ship at all. We greatly enjoyed the Serenade last May. Our next will be May 2013, crossing my fingers for another ship in San Juan, but we will see. If not, we'll do an E. Caribbean... We are all about the ports!!

Us, too :)

We're sailing 12 Nov 2012, on Vision of the Seas, 11 nights, from Fort Lauderdale. We discovered that the southern Caribbean is our favorite itinerary when we sailed an 11-night Caribbean cruise on the Empress of the Seas, 22 Nov 2004. I cannot wait to go there again, AND we will go to 2 new islands we've never visited, Grenada and Bonaire.

If we are talking about dream cruise, it would be the South Pacific-Tahiti, Bora Bora, Papeete, Moorea etc. But we will probably try to do Alaska in the next few years.

I too want to do a Alaska cruise when I retire in about 6 yrs. WOOHOO!!:)

Archived