extra $ for obstructed view?

It depends what type of room they are trying to sell at the time. There are times when a Obstructed view balcony is cheaper than an interior on riviera--it just depends what they have a plethora of at the time. Right now for our summer cruise, they are still trying to unload a chunk of OV rooms for 3.

The only real answer is that Carnival is totally oblivious to so many things. Those rooms are obstructed by the gondola, which is used to clean the windows. There is no reason for those rooms to cost more. They should cost less. The rooms are the same size as a standard OV. I think that some computer genius with Carnival meant to put it in as cheaper and accidentally put it in as higher. Now, it'll take 10 years for them to notice the mistake.

Doesnt make sense to me as the obstructed OVs, are categorized as insides.

Carnival doesnt have a obstructed OV category sold as OVs.

What category are you looking at .. something wrong here.

The Splendor has 2 OV Obstructed: 2446 & 2449. They are usually the same price as regular OV and are categorized as Ocean View and not Interior cabins. They are obstructed by the cleaning apparatus.

I'm thinking that different ships have different OV cabins. On the Spirit class ships they are obstructed by life boats and classified as interior cabins, or at least were when I sailed on the Legend and Spirit. They were cheaper then regular OV's.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The obstructed OV rooms are not a separate category at all. They are not the ones classified as insides, like the 4Ks & 4Js, that have an obstructed view out windows or french doors. They are true category 6. Other than Dream class, they are category 6B, but only 2-4 of the 6Bs have this gondola obstruction. But, for some crazy reason, these particular obstructed 6Bs are more than the non-obstructed 6Bs. It makes no sense why they're doing that. On Dream class, they are either 6L or 6M. I believe that this following list is correct, with credit to mitsguy2001:

Destiny / Sunshine: 2318, 2319 (Cat. 6B)

Triumph Class: 2428, 2429 (Cat. 6B)

Conquest Class / Splendor: 2446, 2449 (Cat. 6B)

Dream: 1432, 1447 (Cat. 6L); 2448, 2473 (Cat. 6M)

Magic / Breeze: 1440, 1459 (Cat. 6L); 2448, 2473 (Cat. 6M)

Archived