Grand Princess for a family of 5

True Romance

I am a loyal DCL cruiser, but they are beginning to price out my family of 5. I just read that the Grand Princess will be based out of SF, which is 2 hours from us, and I am starting to look at its pricing and itineraries for 2013 and beyond. We are 2 adults and 3 children. What has been the least expensive options for this size family? 2 inside cabins or a suite that can accommodate all of us? Any other tips?

TIA

My kids are little now--4, 6, and 9. The bathroom situation really does not bother us at this time. The price is the big factor. Hoping to do the 10-night Alaska in 2015.
Two cabins and you'll have to book one of the adults in each cabin as no one under 18 is allowed to book in a cabin without an adult. You can switch things around after boarding. You'll need to have one of those cabins rated for 3-4 people. Princess does not have a children's price. It's by passenger. Your only other option would be a Family Suite as that is the only cabin rated for five passenger's. You'll pay far more for a Family Suite than two cabins. Full suites and some mini-suite sleep just four and you cannot book more than four in them.

Archived