Seattle, what to do until evening flight

We will be travelling in June on an Alaskan cruise and just wondering what to do with ourselves from the time we disembark (probably around 10:00 or so?) until our 5:00 flight. We will be with our parents, who are not able to do too much walking, our children, and we will of course have all of our luggage with us. Of course we could always just get to the airport and wait it out but that sounds like no fun at all. Thought about renting a car so we would have a place to keep luggage while we do some brief sightseeing but it will be a Saturday and we are told that parking is difficult on the weekends and we should not rent a car. Does anyone know if the pier (for NCL) will hold luggage for a bit after you have cruised? At least then we could make use of public transportation or taxis to find something to do. Has anyone else found themselves in this predicament? What did you do? Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

I am leaving early but I have 4 peeps in my group who have late flights

Carnival has 2 options....a 3 1/2 hour tour (Needle/Pike Place)

and a 6 hour tour

$72 with transfer to airport or $102 for the 6 hour

I found 2 other companies

I don't know if they are good or not

One looks pretty cool..includes lunch..

Letstourseattle.com

Signts and Bites Post Cruise ...4 hours....takes you from Cruiseport to Airport, $59 total

SeattleCityTours post cruise 3 hours....w/tax $69

Info eat/shop /more Seattle airport

They have some nice restaurants it seems

You're in luck .... NCL uses Pier 66 so you'll be downtown on the waterfront. Both piers will store luggage until 3:30pm. I think it's $3 per bag.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Bell-Street-at-Pier-66/Pages/default.aspx

There's a free bus #99 that runs along the waterfront and up to Pike Place Market. From there you're only 2-3 blocks from the downtown core, where you could take the monorail to the Seattle Center. Or you could take a cab from the pier to the Seattle Center. Maybe $10 per car.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/cftemplates/show_map.cfm?BUS_ROUTE=099&DAY_NAV=WSU

....or you could just hang out on the waterfront. There's stuff to do there like boat tours of Puget Sound, the kids will like Ye Olde Curiosity shoppe, and other eclectic stores, get french fries at Ivars and feed the seagulls from your hands, go to Olympic Sculpture park and check out the cool sculptures, the Klondike gold rush museum is on 2nd Ave at the south end of the #99 route, and yes, the #99 goes up and down Alaskan Way (the waterfront) for free.

You're in luck .... NCL uses Pier 66 so you'll be downtown on the waterfront. Both piers will store luggage until 3:30pm. I think it's $3 per bag.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Bell-Street-at-Pier-66/Pages/default.aspx

Slight correction: the concierge at Pier 66 will store luggage only until 3:00 pm, not 3:30.

(This is according to an email I received from the Port of Seattle last month: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627346 ).

Wouldn't want you to miss the luggage pick-up deadline!

Archived