Taxis at Long Beach pier

teemsum

Hi

Are the taxis at Long Beach pier plentiful?

Should I pre-book a shared ride van or the cruise line motorcoach for our group of 8 or should I wait until we're on the ship or after we disembark?

Any idea how much a taxi would be from Long Beach pier to LAX?

Cruisingly Yours

Sorry, I can't answer your question ... But while you're waiting for someone more knowledgeable to come along, I thought you might get a chuckle out of the fact that I read your title as saying:

Taxis As Long As Beach Chairs

I think I need to rest my eyes ... :eek: ... LOL!

There are plenty of Taxis. Fare is about $40+ tip per taxi. you will need two or possibly 3 depending on luggage. You can check out getting a van from www.karmel.com or www.supershuttle.com. They both do online price quotes. You don't need to worry about doing an exclusive, because you will automatically get an exclusive for that size group. The other big van company, Prime Time, I can't recommend, as they have had numerous problems, including getting banned from the airport for lack of insurance and getting grounded by the California Highway Patrol for having bald tires on their vans. Doing the cruise line bus is easy but it is $30+- per person and you have to wait for a full bus, then you have to find your luggage again at the airport from the pile being pulled out from under the bus. It would be my last choice, with your size group, but it is easy.

I can't answer all your question, but I can tell you that when I got off the Paradise there were plenty of taxi's waiting. I went to the Long BEach airport so I can't help you with the price to LAX.
I'm taking a taxi to Long beach airport too, can you tell me how much the fare was ??

Archived