Some "In-Suite Hosting" Questions - Queens Grill.

T5LHR

Hi...

Myself and a group of friends are heading off on the QM2 over to Hamburg on Friday. Two of us are in Queens Grill and will be hosting drinks for one of the other friends birthdays before dinner on the Saturday evening...

I know that the QG suites have glassware in a cabinet, does anyone know how much there is? Is it 4's or 6's of everything? And, if not enough, can the Butler source more if required?

Also, on request, is the Butler able to provide additional canapés on request for during the drinks?

Anything else anyone know we may be able to do in the suite for during drinks? Any additional requests we may be able to make etc?

Regards,

T5

Hi... Myself and a group of friends are heading off on the QM2 over to Hamburg on Friday. Two of us are in Queens Grill and will be hosting drinks for one of the other friends birthdays before dinner on the Saturday evening... I know that the QG suites have glassware in a cabinet, does anyone know how much there is? Is it 4's or 6's of everything? And, if not enough, can the Butler source more if required? Also, on request, is the Butler able to provide additional canapés on request for during the drinks? Anything else anyone know we may be able to do in the suite for during drinks? Any additional requests we may be able to make etc? Regards, T5

Hi,

I was invited to a small drinks party in the Holyrood Duplux Suite (on a TA).

The Butler provided as many glasses as was required, trays of canapes as well. Nothing was an issue or too much trouble. He also served the drinks etc, making sure the Champagne glasses etc were "topped up" as required.

The "Butler's Panty" in a Duplex Suite seems larger than the inside cabins elsewhere on QM2... well, almost. And FAR bigger than some cabins I shared in the past on other ships...

Have a great time (I know I did, something my friends whom I was travelling with, will never forget, it does spoil you...)

Bon Voyage!

Hi,

I was invited to a small drinks party in the Holyrood Duplux (on a TA).

The Butler provided as many glasses as was required, trays of canapes as well. Nothing was an issue or too much trouble. He also served the drinks etc, making sure the Champagne glasses were "topped up" as required.

Have a great time (I know I did, something me and the friends who were with me will never forget, boy does it spoil you...)

Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the reply! We are all very much looking forward too it... One of us has been on Cunard before, but the rest of us are all new to the whole thing... The Birthday Boy wanted to blow the whistle, but I told him I did not think that would be allowed... Ha... :D

We are only in a regular Queens Grill suite... But it looks so lovely...! :)

I am uncharacteristically speechless.

Sir Martin:eek:

Thank you Pepper. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Anyone who can render the ex-cat speechless deserves some kind of medal :D

J

Thank you Pepper. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Anyone who can render the ex-cat speechless deserves some kind of medal :D

J

I expect you typed this by accident, or perhaps your account has been hacked by someone else.

My paw is poised...

Sir Martin

Butler's Pantry...

(I put the r in the wrong place, deleted it... and failed to put it in the right place... :o:o:o)

So, could it reasonably be said that you didn't know your "R"s from your elbow?

:cool:

J

My un-intentional pleasure (trust the cat to notice...).

The omniscient cat misses nothing. The eyes of an eagle, the ears of a bat, and the heart of a lion. A perfect specimen of feline evolution and a credit to his species.

J

The omniscient cat misses nothing. The eyes of an eagle, the ears of a bat, and the heart of a lion. A perfect specimen of feline evolution and a credit to his species.

J

Can I have some of what you're smoking/drinking?

For our soiree I asked our butler to provide a cheese and biscuit platter and a fruit platter as well as the extra canapes, and that wasn't a problem. She also supplied napkins and table cloths (they may have been sheets, but worked well), and brought an extra ice bucket as our regular one had champagne bottles in it.

Enjoy yourself!

For our soiree I asked our butler to provide a cheese and biscuit platter and a fruit platter as well as the extra canapes, and that wasn't a problem. She also supplied napkins and table cloths (they may have been sheets, but worked well), and brought an extra ice bucket as our regular one had champagne bottles in it.

Enjoy yourself!

Fantastic... Thanks for that! I will have a chat with him/her when we board and see if they can let me know what would be possible for the following evening...

Okay, we'll do it a different way:

Edited and removed the link as it still won't work.

Stewart

Thanks for the effort you are putting in to whatever you are trying to do... I appreciate it! :)

Thanks for the effort you are putting in to whatever you are trying to do... I appreciate it! :)

Right, last effort!

The long way round:

https://picasaweb.google.com/tstewartmackenzie/CocktailParty?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmP8uHdu-afrwE&feat=email#

Our wee cocktail party started at 11 am.

When we returned to our room after lunch, the fairies had been!

Stewart

The Butlers fall out all over themselves to do these hosting duties. Just take a few moments the day before or early in the day of the hosting and explain what you need to make the get together great and they will get it together for you. If you like, they will offer to extend invites to the Captain and or other senior staff who may if able drop in to wish the birthday person well.

The Butler service is great and they make it a point to try and do special things for each guest they serve.

Right, last effort!

The long way round:

https://picasaweb.google.com/tstewartmackenzie/CocktailParty?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmP8uHdu-afrwE&feat=email#

Stewart

I have to ask .................. was all that food completely for free, other than presumably a charge for the booze?

It was QV, well spotted Pepper.

There was no charge for the food, beer, or soft drinks. Plus we had our regulation 2 x litres of spirits and Cunard supplied bottle of Champagne.

Knowing that we had a special occasion looming, we had brought on board half a dozen bottles of the "Widow".

The dreaded PA is used for Bucks Fizz (Memosa).

So it was not an expensive party.

Right, last effort!

The long way round:

Stewart

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the link... I really appreciated it.

The spread looks lovely! I may request something similar...!

And, the lady looks stunning... Very nice dress!

Regards,

T5

Archived