Med weather in October

HappyMe_

Hi Folks, I will be picking your brains for the next year :) , as we did book the 2006 Insignia sailing, Barcelona to Rome. My question, has anyone sailed in this time period? It commences 20th October. I chose this time period for good reason. We find the heat really punks us out and prefer a tad cooler. The one thing several friends of ours have complained about was the heat in the summer. Maybe its a Canadian thing,;) .

We have cruised during October to the Med for the last four years and are booked again for this year. I think you will find it very pleasant. Although you can get rain it has rarely done so for us. You will want to pack a light jacket (or rain coat), otherwise plan on layering a cardigan over short sleeves. Often I wore capris with a top and sweater. Sometimes I would get warm enough to take the sweater off. A couple of the days I would wear shorts if not visiting a cathedral.

• 2 months later...

We were on the Insignia, Venice to Athens in October. The first few days were cool, and a bit rainy. We wore closed shoes, socks, long pants, long sleeved shirts, rain jackets--and all the women bemoaned the fact that they hadn't brought enough warm clothes.

The last few days, we wore sandals, shorts and short sleeved shirts, and--you guessed it--all the women woried that they didn't have enough hot weather clothes.

We wore our bathing suits to soak our aching muscles in the hot tub after a long day of walking.

Archived