Crazy cruise dreams/nightmares

It happens everytime. I book a cruise and then that's about all I dream about. My family is booked on the Ecstasy in September and ever since March I have been having these dreams. I had a dream the other day that my family was on the top deck of the ship and then we noticed a waterspout, then another, and another! Three waterspouts surrounding the ship. The next night I had a dream that I surprised my parents with a cruise... the night before we were supposed to fly to Florida :eek:! It was midnight and we were frantically trying to pack. It was more of a nightmare, I woke up a little panicked.

So am I just obsessed with cruising? Or do you all have a lot of cruise dreams when you're waiting to go? If so, I'd love to hear some :D

Mine is always of me lying on the lido or on a beach in the caribbean rockin the hottest bikini ever, but then I wake up and realize I so can't rock that bikini...but I can dream!;)

Funny you bring this up! This weekend I had a dream that my dad and I were on the ship, lost, and were trying to find the top deck so that we could punch back in (it was like we thought we were still in port and we were going to get left behind for being late back to the ship - except we were already on the ship). My dad walks slowly and with a cane, so it was maddening because I was totally freaked out that we had been left behind in port when I woke up. Guess what my biggest fear is when on a cruise? :rolleyes:

Funny that you mentioned it. Starting about a month before my first-ever cruise on the Imagination, I kept getting nightmares about being on a dirty, broken-down ship. There'd be dirt, debris, and broken glass everywhere on decks. Hallways would be dark, gloomy, and prison-like.

Imagine my reaction on the ship, when I went to the Lido deck for the first time, and saw a broken window wrapped in yellow "caution" tape! Maybe that's what my dreams were trying to tell me. If anyone here sailed on April 30, you know what I'm talking about.

I have em....mostly its I get to the port and I have no luggage, no paperwork etc. Or even missing a person. lol Always wake up with my heart pounding.

Oh that's terrible! I usually have the scarier, nightmarish dreams when I get closer to sailing. I'm the cruise planner in the family so I usually have a lot to stress over.

I have another. A few weeks ago I was reading a thread about crazy table mates (in the MDR) and then went to bed. I had a dream that night that I had to share a CABIN with a complete stranger. I don't know what she looked like because she was always in bed. She was always yelling at me for waking her up. Every time I entered the cabin I was trying to be very quiet and was even dressing in the dark because I was afraid of waking her! Lol

I have cruise dreams ALL the time ..even when I don't have one booked...

My last one was...I was on the ship and there was this GIANT waterslide that went from the top deck pool area ALL the way down into the ocean..then you'd swim back to the ship..climb a rope net and get on an elevator and ride back to the top again...I don't usually even do the waterslides but this one was FUN....

Another one I have ALOT is...DH and I get seperated after we embark and I can't remember what our cabin # is or even where on the ship it's located etc...and I wander around for what seems like hours cause the line at the pursers desk is ALWAYS a mile long and I don't want to wait in it! Sometimes I end up in the crew areas and have 'fun' exploring secret doors , hallways and stairs...

This would NEVER happen cause I'm the cruise planner and absolutely obsess over cabin pictures, deckplans for months before we sail!

Aboard the Legend in @ 200 days!!..Can't wait!!

I have airplane and more often airport dreams. Usually I leave the gate at the airport to get a coffee then cant find my way back to my gate, and family, hand luggage.

I have train dreams, and am going through car after car after car, looking for a washroom, then I find one, but it has no door!:eek:

My cruiseship dreams usually go like this; Board nice looking cruiseship, ie; Carnival or like. Go to look for my stateroom and cant find it, then come back up to top decks, passing deck after deck of barracks like accomodation, and see a sign with directions to the lido deck buffet. Arrive to that place and find only trays of beans, oats, and dried up unidentifiable food, soup with fish head floating in it etc etc. Then I decide to get off before sailaway, and go out to the nearest deck, and there are no rails on the decks, and no sight of land, and the ship, by this time looks like a rust bucket is heaving and pitching and I am feeling ill!

I know these are nightmares, but they dont stop me from any modes of transport. Trains, planes and cruiseships right up there on my favorite list, but cruise ships come first, trains next, and airplanes last.

I always have dreams about cruises and have posted some of them recently. I had another one this week I'd like to share -

I was working on a ship on the Lido deck - passing out drinks to everyone. After a while, I decided that I'd like to have a drink also, but was afraid I'd be fired. So, I hid behind a group of people, and gulped down a drink! LOL, crazy dreams. Never had one before where I was working on a ship.

One time I had a dream about Pirates. They boarded the ship with ease, and when they heard the Lido Deck music, they threw there weapons overboard and started dancing with everyone. At the end of the cruise, everyone was so impressed they were offered jobs aboard Carnival Cruises.

Crazy dream, lol! :D

I dream sometimes that the ship is on wheels and on a track, like a roller coaster. We can go on land, then sea, up and down hills. Even cruise right through the middle of town. I am always standing forward when this magical travel happens, so I can see the action up close.:D

I dream sometimes that the ship is on wheels and on a track, like a roller coaster. We can go on land, then sea, up and down hills. Even cruise right through the middle of town. I am always standing forward when this magical travel happens, so I can see the action up close.:D

Wow! That's wild

I have that dream about airplanes!..Sometimes it's on wheels..running down city streets in between tall buildings..sometimes flying UNDER interstate bridges..sometimes floating on water but on canals and I'm always looking out the windows..so close to buildings I can see in all the windows on shore....weird!

It happens everytime. I book a cruise and then that's about all I dream about. My family is booked on the Ecstasy in September and ever since March I have been having these dreams. I had a dream the other day that my family was on the top deck of the ship and then we noticed a waterspout, then another, and another! Three waterspouts surrounding the ship. The next night I had a dream that I surprised my parents with a cruise... the night before we were supposed to fly to Florida :eek:! It was midnight and we were frantically trying to pack. It was more of a nightmare, I woke up a little panicked.

So am I just obsessed with cruising? Or do you all have a lot of cruise dreams when you're waiting to go? If so, I'd love to hear some :D

I always have dreams that we are on the ship and as I look up there is this huge ice glacier... It justs keeps playing that same dream over and over. We are also addicted. Just got home Sunday from the Riviera and I am already wanting to plan another...

I dream about cruising all the time. My latest one was that 2 friends were cruising with me & my parents & they boarded the ship so late that we missed early dining. We had to go to the Matre 'D to see if he could change it to ATD.

Then I was going from lounge to lounge, saving seats for our group!

Archived