BC to BA on Dawn. What's the difference?

We have been upgraded from BC to BA cabin on the Dawn, by virtue of Latitudes membership. In fact, we are in one of the 4 cabins on Deck 11.

Is there any difference between these cabins or is it just becuase they are on higher decks?

Also I assume that the 4 BA's on Deck 11 open out onto the Atrium. Is that a problem?

We have been upgraded from BC to BA cabin on the Dawn, by virtue of Latitudes membership. In fact, we are in one of the 4 cabins on Deck 11.

Is there any difference between these cabins or is it just becuase they are on higher decks?

Also I assume that the 4 BA's on Deck 11 open out onto the Atrium. Is that a problem?

You are up there with the suites.....you will have a bigger balcony. You are not on the Atrium, those are the elevators (glass). I don`t think there will be a problem.

You will love the Dawn, enjoy your cruise:)

The Atrium is not exposed as it might be on say RCCL. You will just have a hall. These four BA's are adjacent the handicapped rooms which are squarer shaped in comparison to the rectangle that is the mini suite. Because this results in a somewhat shorter (but wider) handicapped cabin, the adjacent cabins are regular balcony sized. You are directly midship where the hall bends. NCL usually holds these for last, so you have a great cabin. You are also near to the Laundry Room (starboard).

The balcony is bigger (about 1/3 larger than you would have had on deck 10/9 and you'll see this we you look up at the ship from the Ports). Otherwise is the same regular sized cabin

While Lattitudes upgrades one category it does not upgrade from say a Inside to a Window or Window to Balcony or Balcony to Mini Suite. You did quite well getting this cabin and deck as the balcony is larger and you are convenient to everything! Have a great time!!!

Thanks for that, I thought that it would be a great cabin, but couldn't figure why those four cabins were there. As you say the corridoor makes it so they just can't sqeeze another suite in and the w/c accessible cabins are squarer.

I am really pleased, I like to be close to the stairs as walking up and down long corridoors can quickly lose its appeal and it looks really convenient for everything else.

When we were on the Sun we were in 9502 right under the bridge. It was great but it was a long walk to the back of the ship.

I really can't wait and shall keep visiting this board, it makes me feel like I'm almost there already. Anyone else on the 8/14 sailing ?

On my last cruise, I was in 11112 (BA). I believe my balcony was bigger. I did have the problem with the noise above me but loved the location. My friends were on the 10th (BA) and their balcony just seemed smaller.

The 9502 we were in was on the Sun. It was not a balcony cabin, sorry for confusion.

Cabin 9502 on the Dawn is one of the two cabins that took the brunt of the Wave look elsewhere for details of that. Try Lillianb's posts.

You may wish to look at Shoreguy's pics from the Sun. His cabin looks like it is at the bow of the ship in a similar location. You can see the bridge above.

I have read before that wind is not a problem as the shape of the front of the balcony directs the wind over the top of the cabin area. If you look at Shoreguy's pics, that would appear to be the case

Thanks tony. We're travelling in July so hopefully the wind won't be an issue - at least it should be warm!

I'm going to be on the conference that has booked the Dawn in a few weeks - I'll check out 9502, I presume it has been fixed, though I did see that it sailed at least the sailing after the wave without pax in that room.

Archived