Seabourn v queens grill cunard

MARIANH

Can anyone help?

We have cruised Seabourn on a number of occasions and always been pleased with the experience.

We have a very special wedding anniversary coming up later this year and I cannot find a Seabourn cruise that meets our requirement for dates.

However there is a Queen Elizabeth cruise that is spot on. Now, we last experienced Cunard Queens Grill two years ago and the suite, service and food were up to Seabourn's high standard. It goes without saying that QE is a big ship and has attendant drawbacks compared to Seabourn. However I could accept these if the Queens Grill product is first rate. However recent reviews of Cunard suggest standards have slipped. I have posted on the Cunard thread; but it struck me that there may be someone on this thread who has recent experience of Queens Grill on the Queen Elizabeth. If there is, I would be extremely grateful if they could comment.

Many thanks.

And no, I am not jumping ship. I intend to be back on Seabourn as soon as possible given the great time we had last week on the Quest.

We cruised on the Queen Elizabeth for Christmas and New Year 2011/2012. The food and service in the Queens Grill restaurant was excellent!! However, the Grills' lounge really was not large enough to accommodate all guests from both Grills (Queens and Princess). We used to have our pre-dinner drinks elsewhere on the ship.We also kept forgetting to sign for our drinks!......Forgot that we weren't on Silversea or Seabourn :eek:

We also didn't realise how chaotic getting off and on the larger ship could be for excursions......Forget any preference for Grills guests!

Hope this helps

We have not been on Queen Elizabeth, however after several Cunard voyages, 4 in QG, most recent Dec 2011, and 3 seabourn trips, I do feel that there is no comparison.

I would choose Seabourn every time.

Cunard ships are stunning in decor but I have found on numerous occasions that the service is severely lacking. IMHO :)

I would always prefer a whole ship "grill class" over a few special spaces likend to corporate box's at the football.

Whilst I guess that I agree in principle, in practice I have a special fixture to attend and on this occasion this has to be in a corporate box ( if you get my drift). Sadly I will be paying for the hospitality , hence I am keen to know if it will be good.

And thanks to all for your helpful comments so far.

And incidentally there were more than70 of your countrymen( and women) on the Quest last week. We enjoyed their company. Most are still on board - envious moi?

Thanks for your comments.

On the basis of these and those on the Cunard thread, I have bitten the bullet. Booked a nine day cruise in Queens Grill on Queen Victoria. Wish me luck:eek:

You are going on Queen Victoria which Cunard likes to call an ocean liner even

though it's really a Vista class cruise ship as are the newer HAL cruise ships?

I am very interested in how you appreciate the decor and furnishings of QV. My view is it's nothing like the QE2 60s modern or grand liner style of QM2.

Please revert when you can do so. Should be interesting to see what you make of the "victoriana" theme.

Happy cruising!

Thanks for your comments.

On the basis of these and those on the Cunard thread, I have bitten the bullet. Booked a nine day cruise in Queens Grill on Queen Victoria. Wish me luck:eek:

We wish you luck and Happy Anniversary whichever one you are celebrating;):D

Archived