Thomson Celebration

Hi folks

Does anyone know what type of plug can be used on the Thomson Celebration? When I sailed on the Thomson Destiny, we needed American plugs.

I know there will be a main restaurant with smart dress, but are there other less formal eating areas? On the Destiny we quite enjoyed eating at the Lido restaurant, which served food all day and had fantastic views out to sea. You could eat anytime, and didn't need to dress up at all.

Do the cabins have a safe? Hairdryer?

Hi folks

Does anyone know what type of plug can be used on the Thomson Celebration? When I sailed on the Thomson Destiny, we needed American plugs.

I know there will be a main restaurant with smart dress, but are there other less formal eating areas? On the Destiny we quite enjoyed eating at the Lido restaurant, which served food all day and had fantastic views out to sea. You could eat anytime, and didn't need to dress up at all.

Do the cabins have a safe? Hairdryer?

The Lido buffet restaurant is very nice. The first time we went on the Celebraton we ate there every night.

It's some time since we went on Celebration but I think it is the same as the Spirit with continental plugs and there's a safe (payable) and hairdryer.

Kruzseeka will correct me if I am wrong;);)

Thanks Linda - can't believe you've already got three cruises booked in!! Thought I was bad planning ahead lol! :)

Yes, I hope I'm not tempting fate booking so far ahead.:eek:;) I got free AI on the Spirit and the reason I booked the Fred Olsen so far ahead is that it is my 65th birthday and I fancied a balcony and there aren't many on the Braemar. I keep saying I will wait and book at the last minute, but like to have something to look forward to. Just hope we have enough money to pay for them:D:D

You will find the Lido buffet on Celebration is far superior to that on Destiny. It is inside for a start so no howling gales and 'cosy blankets' :D

There is a al fresco dining area right outside and then the main pool etc.

for me it is a perfect substitute to the main dining room.

We were on the Spirit last year and are just back from the Celebration. we have never entered any restaurant other than the Lido and we were never disappointed. We never dressed up at all except to put on long trousers and a clean polo shirt in the evenings.

The last time we were on the Celebration, we ate in the Lido restaurant most nights and as has been said before, the food was lovely.:) I think we went once to the main restaurant.

Archived