Just booked NCL Epic!

lara_lox

I booked mine on January 12th 2013, I can't wait. I already been with Epic last year and I thought it was awesome, the room is small, but for one person its just fine. Either way, I was rarely in my room except to sleep.

• 1 year later...
Lara, did you ever note anything about the cabin 12530 on the Epic? Just curious what was around the cabin since it showed empty space.

The empty spaces seemed to be crew areas, like storage closets for the room stewards, sometimes accessed by a plain door on the main corridor, or else I guess from the crew corridors behind. It wasn't much of an issue though. You can hear everything from the corridor anyway, whether it be fellow passengers or crew going about their jobs, but I find this on most ships, I just wear earplugs if it becomes an issue! My main concern is not to book an adjoining cabin - these obviously have a door leading to the next room and many people have said you can hear your neighbour, see their light etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lara, I wish you a beautiful cruise! I've just booked the Epic too - going on a cruise in August (17-24), starting at Barcelona.

Before I did two cruises as a Solo on Board of MSC-Ships, starting at Hamburg and Kiel (I am german). There were a few Dutch, Austria, Swiss and German People on Board and it was no freestyle concept, so I had dinner with the same people all the time. It seems to be an advantage, but for all that (same language) it wasn't really easy to make new friends, because they all travel as couples.

At NCL Epic, it could be different. I am really curious about the Living Room and the experience as a Solo at NCL. The entertainment on Board, I guess, is much more "lively" at the Epic compared to the MSC-Line - and that will although be usefull for a Solo.

Looking forward to your review. :)