OK To Bring Bottled Water Onboard?

IAnd just for the record, I would take what shoreguy told me over anything anyone else said.
Yeah, the rest of us have no idea what we're talking about. :rolleyes:

LOL shoreguy! I was making a joke before because I read the poster who lashed out at you. I think it's obvious water is allowed onboard..I just find it funny how everyone keeps questioning that. :p

Marit..I don't care..cooler and Keg are coming with me!

Well Cecilia..........he is a man:rolleyes:
Ooooooohhhhh...that's right. :D He must belong to the same club as my husband. The "yeah yeah yeah, alright honey, whatever" club. LOL ;) Sorry Shoreguy...don't mean to give you a hard time. :p

Ooooooohhhhh...that's right. :D He must belong to the same club as my husband. The "yeah yeah yeah, alright honey, whatever" club. LOL ;) Sorry Shoreguy...don't mean to give you a hard time. :p

"yeah yeah yeah, alright honey, whatever" :D

shore guy. nj cruiser and all else. sorry there weren't any compliments just dripping off my lips for the caustic reply i received not to mention all the "oh shore guy is the most" kind of stuff i haven't heard since high school. I have not "followed" every post you made just to bask in the ambience that is the wonderful help you have been to everyone else. i was not "lashing" out at anyone. this was a real concern .. just one concern ... not a big deal..that was just a joke to you. wasting my time trying to ascertain a descent reply ... like I said previous. will take the kind advise and bring along water and if it is confiscated.. so be it. and leave all this "hoo Ha" to the tourists.

Have a nice day!

Just of the Star on Sunday and we didn't have any problem bringing bottled water on board. My SNL even brought a 12 count 'fridge pack of Dr. Pepper on without any problem.

I just got off the Star on Sunday in Vancouver. I was on the Repo from LA to Vcr and brought with me the following:

2 litres of bottled water

1 650 ml bottle of gingerale

2 cans of soda

1 500 ml bottle of water

Amaretto in a ginger bottle

small bottle of Grand Marnier

All was fine. They never said anything or asked if I had any liquor in the bags.

My sister and her husband were on the cruise to Mexico the week before us and they bought liquor there and they never said anything. They even saw it go through the scanner.

Wow ~ sounded like you were well equipped to have a great time. I love ginger ale so that sounded great! The Amaretto in the Ginger bottle was also very ingenious. I thought of doing something similiar with a Sprite bottle as it is green. Were these in your carry on? I think I will leave mine empty for just this purpose. It would seem that the Star, Wind and Dawn have no prob's at all! I looked at the NCL threads and not alot of people write in about the Sun. They all seem to love the Dawn and the Star! As this is my first NCL Cruise ... it's all a learning experience! I am pretty much resigned to attempting the impossible and bringing the water in a box taped up and may try the Ginger ale and Sprite thing as well in the carry on. Thank you for those words of inspiration! :)

I am pretty much resigned to attempting the impossible and bringing the water in a box taped up
I guess I give up. Umpteen people have told you that you can bring bottled water on your cruise, including people who specifically mention the Sun, and you still don't believe them. I really don't know what it will take. You asked for help on the board and many people gave it.

You guess you give up.. what's the prob...?

I was very impressed with all the info on this thread as well as other threads.. why the attitude.

Kool the jets.. I am happy with my decision and with the kind info I received. and Your remark accomplished ... what...

as moderator.. you did what..? was this your way of bumping up the thread..?

Geeze!! My response was indeed level with the info extended. Thank you!:)

You don't seem to have taken the advice given here because you still don't think it's OK for you to take bottled water on your cruise. So be it. No need to be testy with me. I understand what everyone here has said. Good luck smuggling your water onto the cruise. I hope you don't get caught and have it taken away. And my comments have nothing to do with being the moderator. Not sure why you mentioned that. I'm a member of this board.

I guess I don't see the problem some others seem to. If you have answered the question, why continue to answer?

The majority were sincerely trying to help, but what is the justification for the few rude answers?

When NCL says one thing and a few passengers say the opposite, it is natural to ask more than once. NCL was asked more than once and CC was asked more than once and the answers are still the complete opposite. CC doesn't determine, intrepret or enforce the rules, NCL does.

As for the carriage contract, it is not at all clear in this area. As with most contracts of this nature, the Cruise line and the officers have virtually all of the power and rights. Passengers have virtually none.

Also mentioned in this thread was that alcohol was brought onboard without a problem and that is specifically mentioned as a no no. In another thread it talks about pocket knives being confiscated. Pocket knives? And then they hand you a steak knife at dinner?

To people who have never cruised on NCL before, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind some of the rules, that the rules can vary from ship to ship, and that even on the same ship, inconsistent enforcement occurs.

Check the number of views that this thread had. It is obviously a question others have interest in.

So, what's the problem?

Okay, I just read this whole thread. I couldn't figure out how there could be so many posts about bringing water onboard a ship. Now I know. If that is the criteria for choosing a ship then somebody is in trouble because all cruise lines will say no and then let you anyway. Sheesh, I only wish that whether or not water was allowed was my only problem.

Here's my answer to this dilemna. If bringing water onboard is going to become stressful then do not do it. If you don't care whether or not it's confiscated then do it.

JK

Hello,

Well I would venture a guess that since this topic had alot of activity then it was important to some.. and of course, not to others... such is life.

sheesh not withstanding.. glad to see it drew you in to add your answer. :)

Check the number of views that this thread had. It is obviously a question others have interest in.
The number may seem big but those are not unique hits. If one person looks at this thread 50 times, it records 50 views. Most people understand that it's perfectly OK to bring water and soda onboard NCL ships. The ongoing conversation and subsequent people reconfirming that answer are why this has gone on so long.

Hello,

Well I would venture a guess that since this topic had alot of activity then it was important to some.. and of course, not to others... such is life.

I don't think the amount of activity necessarily means that this topic or thread was important to the viewers. The explanation could just as well be along the lines of morbid curiosity, such as when people run towards an accident or to witness a fire. I, for one, have known the practical answer to the question all along but I return to the thread to see how many different ways the horse can be beaten to death.

We are leaving out of New York 6/5 on the Norwegian Dawn.First time cruisers. We would appreciate any advice you could give us.. Di:)

There are plenty of helpful threads currently active on the board. Just scroll through and I'm sure you'll find many helpful hints. In addition, you can start a new thread with any specific questions that you might have. Lastly, check the NCL Roll Call threads and see if there's a roll call for your sailing.

Have a great cruise!

Hello Di.. yes, as new cruisers it is a challenge to navigate this vast world of info of cruising! and as was suggested there are many threads on CC just on the topic of Dawn.. If you go to.. Nowergian Cruise Line .. and scan down the many threads you are bound to find some topics on the Dawn. or you can do a search on the word "Dawn" and search thru those.. Lots of people will have help as well! and if you have a question all your own.. you can post it and you will lots of helpful people answer as well.

I hope you have a great cruise and fun on CC!!

Advise: enjoy! eat! Swim! and last but not least... relax!! The only advise that I really took to heart on this thread! if your question had any relativity to our topic.. then it would be at your discretion to choose the advise given! Thank you so much for sharing and hopefully when you come back in June we will have the happy op to read your review!!

Best of times to you!:)

The number may seem big but those are not unique hits. If one person looks at this thread 50 times, it records 50 views. Most people understand that it's perfectly OK to bring water and soda onboard NCL ships. The ongoing conversation and subsequent people reconfirming that answer are why this has gone on so long.

Ah yes, seems to me most people voted for Gore... If people have a problem with this thread, why don't they just ignore it and stop posting? :confused:

Are the people that answer the phones at NCL really that ignorant? :confused:

If just one person doesn't know, doesn't that justify the thread's existence? :confused:

:confused::confused:

If just one person doesn't know, doesn't that justify the thread's existence?
You must not have understood me. I didn't say that the thread didn't have merit and wasn't worth being replied to. You made a connection between the number of views and the interest level. I simply said that the number of views doesn't always mean there is a great deal of interest in a thread. There are 73 responses to this. I've looked at this thread every time there's been a response. I have to. I've sometimes posted and other times not but in all cases each time I've viewed this, it's been counted as a view. And for the record, there was an original question to this thread and that question was answered in post two! So anyone looking for the answer is able to find it.

Archived