a small world

Was in the post office yesterday to get my granddaughters passport for a non cruise holiday in September (for my 50th birthday) I am quite familiar with the person that served me and we were chatting

and i mentioned we were going on the Celebration on June 25th. They asked which ports we would be visiting, and it turns out that they too will be doing the same cruise but earlier in June. It certainly made me smile :D

Was in the post office yesterday to get my granddaughters passport for a non cruise holiday in September (for my 50th birthday) I am quite familiar with the person that served me and we were chatting

and i mentioned we were going on the Celebration on June 25th. They asked which ports we would be visiting, and it turns out that they too will be doing the same cruise but earlier in June. It certainly made me smile :D

I went on the red sea magic a few years ago, and a man from work was on the same cruise

On our first cruise, I spotted a guy I worked with - he wasn't with his wife though!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: He spent a lot of time trying to avoid me! :D

:

::eek::D lol

Back in 2009, I was chatting to some very good friends of ours to say that we had booked to go on the Thomson Spirit Adriatic & Aegean for 2010 only for them to say that they had also booked and would be onboard on our 2nd week!!! Pure co-incidence; we had never holidayed together before and it was only our 2nd cruise as a family. We had such a fantastic time together with them that we have done the same again for this year - they are joining us on the Celebration for our 2nd week! (can't wait!)

On our first cruise on the Spirit we sat chatting to a man at the bar in Horizons and it turned out he lived not very far from us. On the Celebration we met up with a couple from our village and last year someone from hubby's work was on the same cruise. :(

The best one though was one year on the Celebration a relative of ours had told us her milkman was going on the same cruise. One night we were sat in the bar next to a family and they mentioned our village. I looked at the family and their ages tapped the man on the shoulder and said excuse me, are you by any chance a milkman, in a suite on deck 7 and your two girls are in another one?. Well there faces were a picture:D How did you know? Psychic (think that's how you spell it)Mary now:D

It would be unusual for us NOT to meet someone on holiday that we knew or knew us or knew someone we knew......

On our honeymoon in Spain we met 5 couples who we knew but not the couple who we knew was staying in the same resort. Last year we met neighbours from 35 years ago on the same flight to Mexico and then when in the Travel Agents sorting out the Destiny/Majesty issue I heard a laugh and turned round to see the same couple.

Three years running in Kefalonia I met families with children in my class!! On the third year we arranged to meet and had lunch at a beach taverna and had a lovely time. On a plane to Australia the people behind us were friends of good friends of mine. In Portugal in our hotel a lady kept smiling at me and it turned out to be a friend of a friend who I had met 30+ years ago at a party and she recognised me. When stuck in Mexico during the ash cloud problem I was consoling a young lady who was worried in case she lost her job and it turned out that her boyfriend knew my son. I could go on and on...... and yesterday, I was talking to an ex colleague and she said that her parents were going to the Jubilee celebrations in London on a coach trip, at the same time as us. I have never met them but will be looking out on our coach for a man with ginger hair and beard!!!!:D

On our first cruise, I spotted a guy I worked with - he wasn't with his wife though!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: He spent a lot of time trying to avoid me! :D

Similar happened to us but it was a lady we worked with who was with a guy who was not her husband and she was avoiding us all the time. She subsequently divorced her husband and has married the guy and was very pleased to tell us :D

In the far north of Australia we met a couple in a car park, got chatting and discovered that the wife's father lived just up our road almost opposite us!

We have many tales like that, but the classic for me was when I walked into a small store way out in the countryside of New Zealand and whilst being served a voice was heard from the back of the shop saying "I'd know that accent anywhere; its from the Southend area in Essex" and I didn't think I had an accent at all!! :eek:

If you think thats weird I keep seeing the same woman on every holiday I go on!I think she's stalking me....blimey!:eek: she even gets in the same bed as me!!

"Go away you shameless hussy" I say, but she still clings on like some clinging on thingy.

If you think thats weird I keep seeing the same woman on every holiday I go on!I think she's stalking me....blimey!:eek: she even gets in the same bed as me!!

"Go away you shameless hussy" I say, but she still clings on like some clinging on thingy.

:):) We need a like button on here!!!

On my last cruise, I ran into kids from my school, my math teacher from 6th grade, and my mother ran into someone who she worked with. It probably happened since we live 30 minutes away from the cruise port though. :)

On my last cruise, I ran into kids from my school, my math teacher from 6th grade, and my mother ran into someone who she worked with. It probably happened since we live 30 minutes away from the cruise port though. :)

NO running on deck please :eek:... health and safety you know:p

Archived