Best insulated cup/mug

I packed 1 for our last cruise. Personally I liked having a lid & straw, and 1 that would work for hot or cold. I really enjoyed filling that thing up w/ coffee in the mornings & sitting out on Lido for some people watching/ visiting. Also worked in the afternoon for my carried on sodas, & later for my mixed drinks. I also carried it into ports.

DW and I both have Thermos hot and cold mugs that keep drinks for a long period of time. You can drink from it like a coffee cup with a lid on it, when not using it the lid snaps shut and its spill proof. Holds about 16oz. and comes in different colors. Works great for long trips.

Tervis Tumbler - you can buy both hot and cold lids (cold lid has a straw hole). They keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold, they are made of some kind of practically indestructable plastic and have a lifetime guarantee. They come in a variety of sizes.

They are now the only cup I use.

We like travel mugs the best. We have taken some that we purchased with hot chocolate at a local college football game, about a 20 ounce size. The only problem we had on the last cruise was the height of these.

The best I can recall, the coffee machines allow about a 6" height for pouring. We had to fill the travel mugs with coffee cups from the lido deck.

I'm going to buy a couple of these for the next cruise:

FF_837095ALT1_xl.jpg&w=400

We like travel mugs the best. We have taken some that we purchased with hot chocolate at a local college football game, about a 20 ounce size. The only problem we had on the last cruise was the height of these.

The best I can recall, the coffee machines allow about a 6" height for pouring. We had to fill the travel mugs with coffee cups from the lido deck.

I'm going to buy a couple of these for the next cruise:

FF_837095ALT1_xl.jpg&w=400

I wouldn't mind having a cup like that if I could scrape off that nasty writing.

U of M alumni...

Tervis Tumbler - you can buy both hot and cold lids (cold lid has a straw hole). They keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold, they are made of some kind of practically indestructable plastic and have a lifetime guarantee. They come in a variety of sizes.

They are now the only cup I use.

We really like the Tervis tumblers. If you have a Goodwill store near you you can find them there for $1 or less, and most are brand new!

But, I want one (or more) of the new Carnival Tervis tumblers!

On one of our cruises we had a roll-call M&G with 90 minutes of unlimited bar. One of our roll-call members brought his Bubba Mug and filled it up with the free drinks. He would grab 2 off the tray each time the waitress came around ---- drink one pour one in. At the end of our party, he had his mug darn near filled up. We saw him later that evening and he was feeling no pain....

Archived