Questions about Alaska Cruise & Tour

Crzn-Life

We are going on an Alaska Cruise & Tour on the Island in the near future. We’ve cruised to Alaska before but that was 9 years ago on the Celebrity Summit. We’ve never done the land tour and are looking forward to it. Have done a lot of research and have booked our excursions so we’re pretty much all set.

I have some additional questions and hope some of you folks can provide answers.

1- Has anyone taken a laptop on the tour portion? The concern I have is the limited space on the trains and coaches. Were there any issues in taking it and storing it under the seat in the trains and coaches? It fits into a backpack that just meets the recommended 17”x14”x4” size with the laptop in it. With our schedule I would be able to leave the laptop in lodge while on excursions and only have to take it with me on the train and coaches going from lodge to lodge. If you’ve done this, did you have any problems?

2-If you’ve used a Kindle Fire while onboard, did you sign on using the web browser as you would with a computer and did you have any problems logging off?

3-The info about the Princess lodges says they all have Wi-Fi. Were there any issues with it? Is it free?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should be fine with the backpack on the train, mine fit under a seat and is about the same size. Buses might be a bit trickier, depending on the configuration, but should be ok.

I assume you mean onboard the ship, the fire would work fine via ships wifi. Search Kindle fire for more threads.

Wifi was free at the lodges, but SLOOOOOW (mainly due to number of users) and in some cases (Denali comes to mind) only available at the main lodge, though that may have changed.

We are going on an Alaska Cruise & Tour on the Island in the near future. We’ve cruised to Alaska before but that was 9 years ago on the Celebrity Summit. We’ve never done the land tour and are looking forward to it. Have done a lot of research and have booked our excursions so we’re pretty much all set.

I have some additional questions and hope some of you folks can provide answers.

1- Has anyone taken a laptop on the tour portion? The concern I have is the limited space on the trains and coaches. Were there any issues in taking it and storing it under the seat in the trains and coaches? It fits into a backpack that just meets the recommended 17”x14”x4” size with the laptop in it. With our schedule I would be able to leave the laptop in lodge while on excursions and only have to take it with me on the train and coaches going from lodge to lodge. If you’ve done this, did you have any problems?

2-If you’ve used a Kindle Fire while onboard, did you sign on using the web browser as you would with a computer and did you have any problems logging off?

3-The info about the Princess lodges says they all have Wi-Fi. Were there any issues with it? Is it free?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should be fine with the backpack on the train, mine fit under a seat and is about the same size. Buses might be a bit trickier, depending on the configuration, but should be ok.

I assume you mean onboard the ship, the fire would work fine via ships wifi. Search Kindle fire for more threads.

Wifi was free at the lodges, but SLOOOOOW (mainly due to number of users) and in some cases (Denali comes to mind) only available at the main lodge, though that may have changed.

Thank you.

Archived