skuba safe container

Looking for a waterproof container (pref soft) to put our passports, ship pass, licenses and watch in.

Just tried the Seal Line and it leaks so have to return it :(

DD had a look at the pelican case and it is too big and bulky and largest barely fits passport without folding.

All help welcomed!

We were in Sears looking at rings for my daughters university grad. so I went down to have a peek at luggage.

Saw a spinner with travel items on it and took a closer look. There was a samsonite waterproof Id holder for under $10. Brought it home put paper in it and wooshed it in the sink water like i did the seal line one. Also ran directed water over openiing.

Imagine that - paper inside was bone dry. Next loaded it with passports (as precaution put them in a zip baggie) and re-tested. Imagine that - bone dry again.

SOLD - we now have our waterproof id protector!

i use tek dry, i use them for when i snorkel and i am at the water parks, never had a problem :) you can get them on amazon and ebay, they are soft

Looking for a waterproof container (pref soft) to put our passports, ship pass, licenses and watch in.

Just tried the Seal Line and it leaks so have to return it :(

DD had a look at the pelican case and it is too big and bulky and largest barely fits passport without folding.

All help welcomed!

You can go to a boat accessory store or dive shop and get a small waterproof pouch approved by the navy about the size of a quart ziplock baggie with an excellent seal that you can put into a wetsuit when snorkeling or scuba diving. This is what I use, but I am a diver and wear a wetsuit. Those water safes on a string are not as reliable or waterproof. To keep stuff like money dry, this would be my recommendation. Ladies, you can probably put this into the front of your bathing suit and wear a rashguard - if you snorkel.

Suzi

Archived