Handicap JS vs Handicap Balcony - sq ft.

Ms Ann

Have ony of you actually been in a HC Junior Suite on the Navigator or Mariner? Something is strange about the posted sq footage of the two. 278 for the balcony and 275 for the JS. We are booked in JS 1608 next March, but if it is smaller than the balcony, why in the world should we pay extra?? I've tried the RCI folks, who of course say it is 275 sq ft!!!!

Wonder if the Crown and Anchor desk can check on it for us??

We were in a JS on Rhapsody of the Seas. It was much larger than a 'standard' balcony stateroom. don't know what the square footage was but I was able to park and charge my mobility scooter with plenty of room to spare. The room also had a hide-a-bed sofa and a chair with coffee table.

The people at RCL really don't know what size the rooms are as they read from a script. You can google pics of Junior Suites on RCL and see what turns up or post this question on RCL boards.

An HC JS is just a tad smaller than a non-HC GS....of course, it's still configured like a JS, but with plenty of floor space for wheelchair use. The balcony is as wide as the cabin, so you will get more space than in a standard JS.

The balcony should be in the 90-95 sq. ft. range...similar to a GS (non hc) balcony.

Sailed the Mariner many times when she was at Port Canaveral. All in JS 1308 with a family of four and a few time five of us. The room is very large with a fully accessible bathroom and a good size walk in closet. We had more than enough room for me to move freely in my power chair(both the cabin and the bathroom). the balcony was extended, and I had plenty of room to get out their in my chair.

Archived