Are upgrades possible....

mwood0612

When booked thru an Internet TA site is it possible or has anyone every gotten a call from carnival to upgrade? We are 35 days away from sailing and was just curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean upgrades (free) or upsells?? Everything has to come thru your TA before they change your cabin .. upsells are possible. upgrades .. cant remember the last time someone posted they got one they are so rare.

Either one! Since we used the Internet site and didn't actually have a personal TA I would assume the answer would be no. That's not a problem, I was just curious! I also discovered that the Early saver adjustments everyone has been talking about also do not apply! I have already tried that and was denied because I didn't book directly with Carnival. I used a very popular travel booking site...if u know what I mean! :)

Either one! Since we used the Internet site and didn't actually have a personal TA I would assume the answer would be no. That's not a problem, I was just curious! I also discovered that the Early saver adjustments everyone has been talking about also do not apply! I have already tried that and was denied because I didn't book directly with Carnival. I used a very popular travel booking site...if u know what I mean! :)

Of coure they apply .. so you mean your TA isnt doing their job?

Have you discussed this with the TA?? I sure would be on them until they got the price drop.

You gave them control of the booking however, so you have to go thru them for price drops .. but yes they apply.

Of coure they apply .. so you mean your TA isnt doing their job?

Have you discussed this with the TA?? I sure would be on them until they got the price drop.

You gave them control of the booking however, so you have to go thru them for price drops .. but yes they apply.

When my husband called the last time the price went down they said they could not honor it.... I'll have him call again and be a little more persistant! We didn't have an individual TA since we book thru the internet site, but it doesn't hurt to try!!! The price has gone down like $180 since we booked!!! Thanks for your help!

When my husband called the last time the price went down they said they could not honor it.... I'll have him call again and be a little more persistant! We didn't have an individual TA since we book thru the internet site, but it doesn't hurt to try!!! The price has gone down like $180 since we booked!!! Thanks for your help!

when they told you that they could not honor the price drop, what reason did they give you?

I cant imagine saying ok without asking WHY, lol ..

I would be contacting them right now by phone demanding answers .. if the price is down $180 .. go get it. Maybe there is a reason like many people dont understand it has to be for their category, and they will be in a 4D and try to match it with a gty IS rate .. or there is a reason the price did not actually drop .. otherwise .. you need to persue this and get your money. If you give them the date and time, even if the price went back up, they can still get it. I would not accept no for a answer if the price drop is actually there.

when they told you that they could not honor the price drop, what reason did they give you?

I cant imagine saying ok without asking WHY, lol ..

I would be contacting them right now by phone demanding answers .. if the price is down $180 .. go get it. Maybe there is a reason like many people dont understand it has to be for their category, and they will be in a 4D and try to match it with a gty IS rate .. or there is a reason the price did not actually drop .. otherwise .. you need to persue this and get your money. If you give them the date and time, even if the price went back up, they can still get it. I would not accept no for a answer if the price drop is actually there.

We booked a gty IS rate so i will make sure that is the rate I was looking at before I call!!! It would be nice to have that OBC if the price is correct!!

We booked a gty IS rate so i will make sure that is the rate I was looking at before I call!!! It would be nice to have that OBC if the price is correct!!

OK then I KNOW the reason. After final payment only ES rate gets price drops. You cant be booked ES because you have to select a specific cabin, i.e. being 35 days from the cruise you can't get price drops ..... but you can get upgraded.

IF there is a category above yours that matches what you paid, then you can call to ask to be moved to that category if you want it.

PS it has nothing to do with being booked with Carnival .. you could not have booked ES rate, and be IS.

Do you mean upgrades (free) or upsells?? Everything has to come thru your TA before they change your cabin .. upsells are possible. upgrades .. cant remember the last time someone posted they got one they are so rare.

DW and I have received only 1 true upgrade, on a Fantasy class ship. We booked an accessible OV on Empress deck (only OV available on that deck). 2 weeks prior to sailing, someone needed the room and we were upgraded to JR. Suite. All other times we received upsell calls.

When booked thru an Internet TA site is it possible or has anyone every gotten a call from carnival to upgrade? We are 35 days away from sailing and was just curious!

If your rate is an ES rate then your TA would have to apply for it with your notification. If it was not ES rate then relax and enjoy your cruise because you are after final payment.

I assumed when you mentioned you could not get a early saver price drop, that you knew you had booked ES rate .. my bad for assuming you had booked that rate.

i.e. cant possibly be a ES rate.

If your rate is an ES rate then your TA would have to apply for it with your notification. If it was not ES rate then relax and enjoy your cruise because you are after final payment.

We now know the OP did not book ES .. she just said in a later post she is booked gty, IS, so cant be ES.

OP try for a upgrade .. thats your only alternative. You cant get a ES price drop since you are not booked ES. sorry for my assumption you knew what rate you booked.

OK then I KNOW the reason. After final payment only ES rate gets price drops. You cant be booked ES because you have to select a specific cabin, i.e. being 35 days from the cruise you can't get price drops ..... but you can get upgraded.

IF there is a category above yours that matches what you paid, then you can call to ask to be moved to that category if you want it.

PS it has nothing to do with being booked with Carnival .. you could not have booked ES rate, and be IS.

That makes sense!! Thanks for the info and we will try for an upgrade at least! :)

Since you booked through a TA, the TA must fill out the form for the ES OBC. Some TAs will do it, some TAs will do it once for free and then charge you for any time after that, some TAs refuse to do it at all. Carnival will not do it for you unless you book through Carnival directly. This is why many people refuse to use a TA and book directly with Carnival so they have more control over their booking. You need to call the TA company and explain that the fare is now cheaper and you want them to fill out the form for OBC. Even though you booked online, they have reps to take care of these things. Go to the website and find the 800 number to call them.

We contacted our internet TA and were able to get upgraded from an interior on Deck 4 to an oceanview room on deck 5!!!!! They were not able to get us any OBC but HEY I'm happy with the upgrade!!!!!!! :D:D:D

We contacted our internet TA and were able to get upgraded from an interior on Deck 4 to an oceanview room on deck 5!!!!! They were not able to get us any OBC but HEY I'm happy with the upgrade!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Im glad to hear your TA did what you needed and the best they could do for you.

Archived