Beach comparison

critcatny

Hi, Can anyone tell me the differences between the beaches on Carlisle Bay? Seems most people talk about The Boatyard; Lobsters Alive; and Harbour Lights. I'm guessing since they are all on the same strip of beach that the sand and water must be the same, right? What about costs to get in, bathrooms, food, etc? Thanks.

Get out your map -or Google Earth

and you'll see that Carlisle Bay is one long (2 miles?) curved stretch of white sand beach

which all the beach-establishments share and use

be they Lobster Alive, Harbour Lights, Boatyard and a few others as well.

Sorry, can't inform re. amenities, just the mutual geography.

The big green umbrellas you see here..

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=19411

are Lobster Alive's gear.

Carlisle_Bay.jpg

The long white curved bit is the beach.

The Port where your ship will be docked is at upper left.

Hilton is on Needham's Point at the very bottom, slightly to the right of center.

Thanks for that info but I was thinking more about any differences between each (costs of things? restrooms? food? etc) So if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info.

And how long a walk from the ship to the closest beach on Carlisle Bay?

Thanks

Carlisle Bay beaches are about a half hour leisurely walk from the port area. There is a very nice walkway just outside the port area along the waterway lined with a wall, and trees. Then, you need to go through an area of town, then you will reach the beach area. We have walked there twice, and taken a cab once. We have been to the Boatyard, and got a deal (3 yrs ago) with CC members for transportation and a drink and chair for $10. pp. Great deal then. In Jan, we went and the Boatyard wanted $15. pp for chair and drink, and Lobster Alive was $10. for chair and drink. We got chairs at Lobster Alive. They both have clean restrooms. Not sure on cost of the food. We usually don't eat while at the beach. Only have a drink or 2. Haven't been to Harbour Lights. Hope this helps you out.

Also, there are some vendors for watersports too. They will approach you to see if you are interested. If you tell them no, they shouldn't bother you any more. We almost went on a boat out to swim with the turtles, and now wish we would have gone. Got him down to $20. pp. Maybe next Jan when we go!

We love Barbados and the beaches there. Thinking maybe we will venture off to another beach, since we have only gone to Carlisle Bay area, and done an island tour.

Thanks Debs. Appreciate the info. I think we'll attempt to walk there. The distance is nothing as long as we don't get lost :/ Is there much of a walk between The Boatyard and Lobsters Alive? And which do you come across first? I'm guessing there are signs so you know which one is which.

Is there much of a walk between The Boatyard and Lobsters Alive? ===> Nope.

And which do you come across first?

I'm guessing there are signs so you know which one is which. ===> Yes.

Lobster Alive and Boatyard are about 50-100 yards apart.

Walking from the ship, you'll come to Boatyard's bright yellow wall

about 50 yards before you get to Lobster Alive.

Wow they really are close together. Guess they know by color of chairs or something which beach you are on and what you paid for.

Just curious for opinions: I've been to about 10 Caribbean Islands and I think of all of them my favorite and most perfect beach was Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda. The softest white/pink sand, no shells, rocks, etc on the beach or in the water. And that beautiful clean teal blue water. Absolutely gorgeous. I've heard good things about Barbados beaches as well but I havent come across anything else on the other islands that is that perfect. Opinions? Of course to each his own...everyone loves different things in a beach.

• 1 month later...

Archived