New to Princess...Please Help Me Decide

madelinerose

I'm looking at the Crown Princess for 9-3-06. On all of the websites that show this new ship, it seems that C258, 259, 436 & 437 are always the available BA or BB cabins. The deck plan shows a door close to them. I'd like to be on the Caribe deck because I've read that the balconies are almost the same size as the minis'.

Do these doors present a problem?

B756 & 757 are also available, but I don't want to deal with that ac unit. Too bad they're aft. :(

I'd appreciate all of your comments and/or advice. Thanks so much! ;)

I believe you are referring to the doors in the hallways? If you are, they emergency doors that I've never seen closed. I do not think you should be concerned about them.

Thanks, TorontoTL. That's just what I was thinking.

I did think of another question, however. In the mini-suites, there are two side-by-side tvs. How can you not hear the "other" tv when both are on simultaneously? Wouldn't that be terribly distracting? Thanks again.

I haven't been in a mini suite yet, I will be on my next cruise on the Coral :D . I can't imagine that you wouldn't hear the other TV if both were on. Hopefully someone who has been in a mini will give you this information.

Ever seen someone watch two games at once? It can be done! (the secret is to keep one muted while the commercials are on - your mind stays sharp a little longer).

I think the two TV's allow you to watch from the bed area or sitting area - but not necessarily at the same time.

I booked my Sapphire Princess cruise originally on the Baja deck but I called my TA and upgraded to the Caribe deck just to have one of those balconies. They seem perfect.

The more I read on here the more appealing the Caribe cabins seemed to be.

The balconies are 1/2 covered and 1/2 open plus they are huge.

As a matter of fact, I asked NOT to be upgraded because I'd rather have a Caribe cabin than a mini-suite.:)

I'm looking at the Crown Princess for 9-3-06. On all of the websites that show this new ship, it seems that C258, 259, 436 & 437 are always the available BA or BB cabins. The deck plan shows a door close to them. I'd like to be on the Caribe deck because I've read that the balconies are almost the same size as the minis'.

Do these doors present a problem?

B756 & 757 are also available, but I don't want to deal with that ac unit. Too bad they're aft. :(

I'd appreciate all of your comments and/or advice. Thanks so much! ;)

Karen,

Please be careful in selecting cabins on the NEW Crown Princess from websites. The sites I've seen so far are showing deck plans from the "old" Crown Princess (I hate to say that - I love that ship ;) ). They'll be a huge difference in these two ships and their cabins.

I hope I'm not out of line here. I've been having a tough time finding deck plans so please make sure that your looking at the correct ship as the NEW crown Princess is still being built as we speak.

We were in a Caribe (C-246) on Golden in January, and found the balcony to be very, very nice. It's about twice the size of the balconies on the dolphin deck, where the minisuites are. And it is half covered, half open so you can choose. However, the rooms are smaller, and have no sofa or place to sit except the bed and one chair. It wasn't a problem for us as we went out on the balcony.

Oh, I don't think I've seen any deck plans on the Crown. I didn't even know there was an "old" Crown. I've been using the Caribbean Princess deck plans, because I had read they will be sister ships. Should I be using the Caribbean's deck plans?

Karen,

Please be careful in selecting cabins on the NEW Crown Princess from websites. The sites I've seen so far are showing deck plans from the "old" Crown Princess (I hate to say that - I love that ship ;) ). They'll be a huge difference in these two ships and their cabins.

I hope I'm not out of line here. I've been having a tough time finding deck plans so please make sure that your looking at the correct ship as the NEW crown Princess is still being built as we speak.

Thanks, spongerob. DH and I watch different tvs all the time because we have different tastes, so I was equating the cabin tv watching with how we watch at home - LOL! ;)

Ever seen someone watch two games at once? It can be done! (the secret is to keep one muted while the commercials are on - your mind stays sharp a little longer).

I think the two TV's allow you to watch from the bed area or sitting area - but not necessarily at the same time.

GE Mom, I thought I saw a sofa in a pic. Well, that's not good...just a chair...hmmmm. Although I do like roomy cabins, I don't want to do much of an upgrade my first time on Princess. I'd like to see how much I enjoy the line first. More decisions to make, I suppose. Thanks.

We were in a Caribe (C-246) on Golden in January, and found the balcony to be very, very nice. It's about twice the size of the balconies on the dolphin deck, where the minisuites are. And it is half covered, half open so you can choose. However, the rooms are smaller, and have no sofa or place to sit except the bed and one chair. It wasn't a problem for us as we went out on the balcony.

Oh, I don't think I've seen any deck plans on the Crown. I didn't even know there was an "old" Crown. I've been using the Caribbean Princess deck plans, because I had read they will be sister ships. Should I be using the Caribbean's deck plans?

Karen,

Yes, definitely that's what I would do.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you but when I've tried to look up the deck plans on the new Crown for a friend at work all I've been able to find is the old Crown. We have been using the Caribbean as a guideline as we have heard that the Crown will be similar. Can't wait to actually see the deck plans of the new Crown!!!

Archived