Kid-Friendly Downtown Miami hotel - pre-cruise

lazydays3

I am trying to decide which hotel to stay in for 1 night pre-cruise in March with 2 kids (13 & 10). Something with a decent pool. Was considering Hilton or Doubletree Biscayne. Any thoughts/recommendations welcome.

Doubletree has a nice pool area, some rooms with a view of POM, nearby shopping for last minute items, and a great restaurant/bar in the lobby.

You could also look at the Intercontinental - huge hotel compared to the Doubletree with a nice pool area, and walking distance to Bayside with lots of chain dining options (Bubba Gump, Hard Rock, etc. :() that appeal to teens.

Good luck! :)

We did the Intercontinental for a one night stay with our teen daughter and her friend and it was easy for dining, we picked up a water tour from Bayside in the afternoon and they enjoyed "shopping" all the little stores.

Thanks all, we're going to try the Intercontinental!:)

Having never travelled for March Break before, what are my chances of getting the Intercontinental on Last Minute Travel for a Friday in March? If LMT is not doable, is there any other way of getting a discount for then or am I going to have to suck it up and pay full rack rate? :eek:

Thanks all, we're going to try the Intercontinental!:)

Having never travelled for March Break before, what are my chances of getting the Intercontinental on Last Minute Travel for a Friday in March? If LMT is not doable, is there any other way of getting a discount for then or am I going to have to suck it up and pay full rack rate? :eek:

Look at last minute travel once you get closer to your cruise. We have always gotten good prices for the IC.

Archived