Single parents on 7/11/05 Sovereign of the Seas?

rajacks

I will be taking my 7 yr old DS on this one - 4 night to Bahamas - just the two of us. Wondering if there will be any other single parents on board?? Would love to have an adult or two to hang out with!!

Ruth

Well, I took my son last year on a 7 night cruise - he was only 5 at the time. (He will actually just turn 7 before we leave this year.) He had a great time! Since this one is only 4 nights, I would think your 5-year-old would be fine.

Could you give me more details what does the 5 year old do to occupy his time, when do you get adult free time, etc. Gotta convince the ex-wife that its okay!

:)

Jay

southflniceguy@yahoo.com

Well, I took my son last year on a 7 night cruise - he was only 5 at the time. (He will actually just turn 7 before we leave this year.) He had a great time! Since this one is only 4 nights, I would think your 5-year-old would be fine.

Most of the time I use to travel with the same person but we always had our own cabins, I just couldn't imagine sharing a room that small with another woman, let's face it we need all the closet space we can get. I don't have children to support or any other restrictions so I don't even think about the single supp. I mean it would be nice if they would lower the price for us because it's just not fair that we should have to pay double but it's my vacation and if I don't splurge on myself who will.

Not sure about that last reply...;)

Too answer the question re: what does a 5 year old do - mine loved to swim with me, of course. And I usually took him on shore with me. However, did leave him on the ship once when in port - he had a great time at Adventure Ocean. During days at sea, he would go to AO part of the time, part of the time with me. He almost always wanted to go after dinner, which meant 'adult' time for me.:) In AO, they have age-appropriate activities. All the counselors are required to have education in some child-related area. (e.g., early childhood development) At 5, you will have to sign your kiddo in and out - he cannot come and go by himself. Also, you will be given a pager, so that you can be reached at any time if there is a problem. The program was quite well-run, and I felt my child was always safe.

Let me know if you have any other questions - I'll be glad to tell you what I know!

Archived