75- day Pacific Cruise - should I??

mouseterd1

I've never cruised Princess and the "Dawn" is a little older, smaller ship, but it has a 75-day Pacific itinerary that holds some interest for me. My booking would be for an inside guaranteed cabin. Some people have spoken about the ship's motion, others felt the dining options were less than hoped for, others re the Auzzi style of the boat.

I'd appreciate hearing anyone's comments, especially if you've been aboard the Dawn for any good length of cruise. It is a lot of $$ and I'm not quite sure what to do with regard to booking. Thank you in advance for any thoughts you may wish to offer me. :p

What an awesome trip. I would if I could!;)

My suggestion would be to upgrade to an oceanview or a balcony just because that is a long cruise and you may want to stay in your cabin occasionally and being able to look out at the sea would keep you from becoming claustrophobic.

We spent 42 days on the Dawn last September and October.

The ship has an Aussie feel to it. For instance, both dining rooms are used for Traditional Dining. They do not offer Anytime Dining. Some of the food offerings are Aussie favorites. They are mostly extra choices. Some of the entertainment was more geared to them.

We had no problem with the motion of the ship, but we do not suffer from seasickness.

I liked the 75 day itinerary so much that I asked our Future Cruise Rep on our last cruise why they did not offer a similar one from LA or SF. She was passing my comment along. Doubt it will so much.

We cruised on the Dawn in Sept./Oct. of 2008, when she was being repositioned to Australia. I can't speak for the "Aussie" feel, since that was prior to the Dawn's going there permanently, but the 31 days we spent from LA to Sydney was wonderful. We really liked the Dawn.

We were on the Dawn in 2010 for the world cruise 104 days. It had some mechanical problems but overall a great trip . As it is based in Australia Aussie dollars is the currency on board. We had a oceanview cabin no issues. If you enjoy a laid back atmosphere with a lot of Aussies and Kiwis on board go for it.

We had 53 days Sydney-Dover (half world cruise) last year in C218 and had a wonderful time. Plenty of Aussies on board but we are a friendly lot. An outside cabin is better for a longer cruise.

Archived