Jubilee event

cshim

Thanks Brie and Capn - I do remember the good old days of wandering around the stones at Stonehenge, and understand that there is a fence now. However, the children wanted to head to my ancestoral home and see Skara Brae during our Jubilee Weekend, so I think you would agree that Stonehenge is a wee bit easier, but not as interesting alas!

I am getting more and more excited!:):):)

:eek: Had the email from Cunard headed 'BOOKING EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION'. My immediate thought was this was too good to be true...the travel agent was a scam...the booking wasn't accepted (even though I'd paid)...aaarggh

Sigh of relief....just a change of terminal...:o

Only SEVEN days - a WEEK to go!! Will she be dressed overall fr the occasion??

:eek: Had the email from Cunard headed 'BOOKING EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION'. My immediate thought was this was too good to be true...the travel agent was a scam...the booking wasn't accepted (even though I'd paid)...aaarggh

Sigh of relief....just a change of terminal...:o

Only SEVEN days - a WEEK to go!! Will she be dressed overall fr the occasion??

Was that a change of terminal in Southampton or Hamburg? Enquiring minds need to know, I would hate to miss the boat by going to the wrong terminal!

This time next week..................:):):)

Thank you Cshim - yes, Mayflower changing to City. I hope Cunard lets everyone know - that would be disastrous. The message actually came from Cunard via the travel agent so I would contact yours but thanks to my panic and Cshim's calm, all who read this thread will be there!!

According to the weather, it may be inclement on Tuesday but let's all hope they are wrong

getting closer.... :-))

Thank you Cshim - yes, Mayflower changing to City. I hope Cunard lets everyone know - that would be disastrous. The message actually came from Cunard via the travel agent so I would contact yours but thanks to my panic and Cshim's calm, all who read this thread will be there!!

According to the weather, it may be inclement on Tuesday but let's all hope they are wrong

Calm but excited underneath!!!

The ship's names are displayed by the dock gates so upon arriving at gate 10 and not seeing the name it is only half a mile along to gate 4 so it will be a little inconvenient but not really disastrous. Plus the ships are visible as you approach the docks.

I asked around 5 weeks ago, it was then put a wait list, thought nothing would happen and then it did, I have done this for the whole 5 days, Rotterdam is an amazing sailaway and at 10 pm if worth a early sitting,

I am sailing on the QM2 , arriving on June 5, Jubilee. Thank you for the info of Rare Vintage of Grahams 1952 Tawny Port being sold on board. I have asked

for it and no one seems to know where it is. I left a note with the Purser ,hopefully it will show up .

I am sailing on the QM2 , arriving on June 5, Jubilee. Thank you for the info of Rare Vintage of Grahams 1952 Tawny Port being sold on board. I have asked

for it and no one seems to know where it is. I left a note with the Purser ,hopefully it will show up .

Interesting that this particular year is being "offered", mainly because 1952 was not a year in which a vintage was declared for Port. 1947/8, 1950 and 1955 were the nearest vintages to the date of the Queen's Accession. So I wouldn't worry too much about the absence if I were you.

Interesting that this particular year is being "offered", mainly because 1952 was not a year in which a vintage was declared for Port. 1947/8, 1950 and 1955 were the nearest vintages to the date of the Queen's Accession. So I wouldn't worry too much about the absence if I were you.

AH , !! Thank you. I have been asking around ,but to no avail. I will not persue this.Getting on line has been frustrating , 2 days of no satellite and one crazy code APLpha on deck 7. ok

Who on earth invented 'waiting'???- it is bad enough when you first start but by now it is AGONY!! It must be almost as bad as confronting the last 100 feet on Everest - not that I have ever attempted such an effort of physical effort!! LOL!!

Perhaps I should start packing....

Since this threadis about the Jubilee, I will risk being asked "what has this to do with Cunard"

Was invited to go to my daughters at 7.30AM as they receive BBC America, we watched the Thames Pagent, what a wonderful event. The weather was bad but no one seemed to mind, and as a person as old as the Queen I can only say "Ma'am I admire your fortitude" She stood for the whole event, I very much doubt I could do that.

We ended by having Eggs Benedict for lunch, actually my daughter did them better than on the QV which amazed me, as normally it is my Son in law that does the cooking

I will have to miss Tuesday events as I do not get the channel, but I am so happy to have seen todays.

Happy sailing to all who will be in Southampton

Lynn

Watching the London Symphony chorus joyfully sing "Rue Britannia" and "God Save the Queen" while completely soaked was very moving. The Brits won't let an onslaught of bad weather sabotage such an event nor dampen their spirits.

Watching the London Symphony chorus joyfully sing "Rue Britannia" and "God Save the Queen" while completely soaked was very moving. The Brits won't let an onslaught of bad weather sabotage such an event nor dampen their spirits.

They were certainly drenched but I did not think they were singing 'rue.' :eek:

Since this threadis about the Jubilee, I will risk being asked "what has this to do with Cunard"

OK - just to drag things right back squarely on topic; Captain McNaught was on the Trinity House launch with The Princess Royal. He's on the left of this group. :D

capt_mcn.jpg

J

Your 100% right, but please note I am British not a "Brit":)

They were certainly drenched but I did not think they were singing 'rue.' :eek:

Yes, another typo. My computer is getting old, some of the keys are sticking, and I sometimes forget to proofread. It's Rule Britannia, that is.:D

Archived