Jubilee event

cshim

We are on the QM2 for this, we had our times altered to first sitting, so at least we can enjoy the restaurant and then see the fireworks later, what will happen to late sitting i dont know, I image that many will eat in KC

We are on the QM2 for this, we had our times altered to first sitting, so at least we can enjoy the restaurant and then see the fireworks later, what will happen to late sitting i dont know, I image that many will eat in KC

Did you do this just for the first day or for the whole cruise? Also how long ago did you do it?

I am getting goose bumps already imagining how amazing this is going to be. Having the three ships creating a bow to bow formation with crew on deck while the ships do a whistle salute will surely be a moment to remember. We are on the QM2 then transferring to the QE and I am literally counting the days until we leave New York. Thanks for sharing the website information for all to see.

Ashley

It will be so spectacular!! we have booked a hotel nearby so we can get up at the crack of dawn to watch them come in.

We are sooooooooooooooo excited!! As of today, May 17th at 18.19 there are:

18 whole days

or 449 hours

or 26980 minutes

or 1618859 seconds

until check-in at noon on the 5th!!!

And June 6th is the transit of Venus across the sun and it won't be seen again for another 117 years!! What an auspicious cruise this will be!!

Did you do this just for the first day or for the whole cruise? Also how long ago did you do it?

I asked around 5 weeks ago, it was then put a wait list, thought nothing would happen and then it did, I have done this for the whole 5 days, Rotterdam is an amazing sailaway and at 10 pm if worth a early sitting,

It will be so spectacular!! we have booked a hotel nearby so we can get up at the crack of dawn to watch them come in.

We are sooooooooooooooo excited!! As of today, May 17th at 18.19 there are:

18 whole days

or 449 hours

or 26980 minutes

or 1618859 seconds

until check-in at noon on the 5th!!!

And June 6th is the transit of Venus across the sun and it won't be seen again for another 117 years!! What an auspicious cruise this will be!!

:):):)

With 17 nights on QV, I think we will manage for one night if we our dinner is rushed for the first night. We were on early but my husband wanted late for the port days so we will see how we go.

We arrive in London on the Thursday before, for the Queens Jubilee weekend. Does anyone have advice of whats happening and what to do???

I'm so excited:):):)

With 17 nights on QV, I think we will manage for one night if we our dinner is rushed for the first night. We were on early but my husband wanted late for the port days so we will see how we go.

We arrive in London on the Thursday before, for the Queens Jubilee weekend. Does anyone have advice of whats happening and what to do???

Have a look here for events that are on. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/Features/DG_WP200687

Who's going to worry too much about their dinner on a day like that- early/late who cares - days like this don't come around very often - certainly no more in our lifetimes, even if Prince William became King tomorrow, he would be quite a bit older than our Queen is now when he reached his Diamond Jubilee - for all of you on these sailings, have a fantastic time........

We are spending the weekend in London prior to sailing off on QE on the 5th. Our plans are: The play Chariots of Fire (cos of the upcoming Olympics, and they may sing Jerusalem) when we arrive in London on Friday, watching the Major General's Review rehearsal of Trooping the Colour in the AM on Saturday, Royal Albert Hall for a Jubilee concert that evening (will definitely hear Jerusalem), and watching the Thames Pageant from a pub moored on a barge on Sunday. We will spend the day punting in Cambridge to recover on Monday, and drive down to Southampton via Stonehenge on Tuesday for a pre solstice look see. And as our son's girlfriend has never been to London we will squeeze in all the main attractions we can for her to see. Should be a fun time!:)

We are spending the weekend in London prior to sailing off on QE on the 5th. Our plans are: The play Chariots of Fire (cos of the upcoming Olympics, and they may sing Jerusalem) when we arrive in London on Friday, watching the Major General's Review rehearsal of Trooping the Colour in the AM on Saturday, Royal Albert Hall for a Jubilee concert that evening (will definitely hear Jerusalem), and watching the Thames Pageant from a pub moored on a barge on Sunday. We will spend the day punting in Cambridge to recover on Monday, and drive down to Southampton via Stonehenge on Tuesday for a pre solstice look see. And as our son's girlfriend has never been to London we will squeeze in all the main attractions we can for her to see. Should be a fun time!:)

They sound like great plans but Cambridge to Southampton via Stonehenge??? Are you sure about that?

We're on second sitting on QM2, I'm hoping there will be time for a course or two before the fireworks !

Hi, I'm sure they will speed things up to ensure we can all got on deck to see the fire works. If not can always miss a course, don't think we will starve.

Could always get dessert in Kings Court afterwards if needs be.

We are on 2nd sitting.

Catherine

Cambridge (my alma mater) down the M11 to the M25. About an hour. Turn right onto

M25 to M3 to Basingstoke. Turn right onto A303 to Stonehenge. M3 to Stonehenge about 1.5 hours. A345 to Salisbury (Great cathedral - probably quicker to see it from a distance!!). A36 - M27 - A33 to Southampton. About 2hours from Stonehenge to Southampton. Certainly do-able - touch of '15 castles in 15 minutes'!!

If the weather is great, punting along the Backs is a wonderful way to see the colleges, especially Kings. We once did nine in a punt - I couldn't swim - very close to the surface of the Cam - glad to get on dry land!!

Thanks for the extra info.

We arrive on the Thursday night. Plans are to take in the sights of course. We have booked to see Sweeney Todd which sounds like something my husband will be happy to watch...Sunday is watching the boats along the Thames. Your pub on the river sounds good. I think Ihave left it a bit late to book a good viewing spot.... Heading to Southampton on the Monday via a castle with Smiths Car hire (who are happy to go along with our plans)

:):D:)

Also can anyone tell me what currency is on Queen Victoria. I dont know if its different to the Round the world sectors where its US$. I did not know if it was different when cruising out of Southampton.

Thanks

Also can anyone tell me what currency is on Queen Victoria. I dont know if its different to the Round the world sectors where its US$. I did not know if it was different when cruising out of Southampton.

Thanks

The currency used on all Cunard voyages is US dollars.

Regards,

John.

Cambridge (my alma mater) down the M11 to the M25. About an hour. Turn right onto

M25 to M3 to Basingstoke. Turn right onto A303 to Stonehenge. M3 to Stonehenge about 1.5 hours. A345 to Salisbury (Great cathedral - probably quicker to see it from a distance!!). A36 - M27 - A33 to Southampton. About 2hours from Stonehenge to Southampton. Certainly do-able - touch of '15 castles in 15 minutes'!!

If the weather is great, punting along the Backs is a wonderful way to see the colleges, especially Kings. We once did nine in a punt - I couldn't swim - very close to the surface of the Cam - glad to get on dry land!!

I think your timings are spot on but it just reminds me of an American tour of Europe,"if it's Thursday it must be France"! It is a lot of driving to gaze at a pile of stones from a distance though. In the old days we used to just wander through and around them which was worth the trip, not sure that it's worth it now though. Salisbury is nice but you've left out Winchester Cathedral which is also good. Have fun and watch out for the speed cameras on the A303, murder.:):)

Archived