Captains club points for part cruise

brightonbuoy

Due to time constraints my partner and I can only do 10 days of a 14 night cruise. Does anyone know if we will still receive our captains club points? Deciding wether to book concierge or balcony...the answer may swing the decision.

The Captain's Club Terms And Conditions are mum on this, but there is a note on the overview page--

*Tier credits are awarded upon completion of each sailing (excludes complimentary sailings)
Emphasis mine.

My recollection is that if you leave the cruise early, you forfeit the cruise credits. I would suggest you contact Captain's Club directly. If they say you'll still earn your credits, I would ask them to confirm it in writing, and even then I would have my doubts.

If you pay for the full 14 days, you should be credited with all the points.

I think you should be, too, but they don't do it that way, at least in the case of someone missing the cruise altogether. No personal experience with this, BTW, but I seem to recall this question coming up before, and the answer was no cruise credit if you leave early.

The phrase I quoted in the post above could be primarily intended to let people know that if an upcoming cruise would give them the cruise credit they need to advance to the next tier, it won't be effective for that cruise. However, I believe they do also mean that you have to stay aboard until the scheduled disembarkation port.

My recollection is that if you leave the cruise early, you forfeit the cruise credits.

That would be an incredibly stupid policy....which makes me think that just maybe it might just be the Celebrity policy. Does anyone want Dan Hanrahan's email address :D

That would be an incredibly stupid policy....which makes me think that just maybe it might just be the Celebrity policy. Does anyone want Dan Hanrahan's email address :D

Thanks but I have it here along with his DDI dial number.

I believe they gave passengers full captain's club credit for the Celebrity Century cruise that was cancelled after the first day in Villefranche in 2010 due to rudder problems.

Everyone on board actually did complete the entire cruise offered by Celebrity, even though it was shortened to a one stop cruise.

We disembarked a 15 day transatlantic after 9 days. The cruise had been booked on board another cruise the previous week due to the Icelandic volcano, and this was the fastest guaranteed way back home to Europe. They did not put in our captain's club numbers due to the rush. About a year later we booked a Med cruise and my travel agent went back and requested the points (1 for sailing, one for 12 nights or more), and these were credited to our accounts. On board, we even managed to get them to put some friends of ours in an inside cabin, into our balcony for the remainder of the cruise. If you arrange the early disembarkation on board, the information probably never reaches the central captains club office.

Archived