Dawn...AF vs AE Stern

RichNY

THe bathrooms on the AF and AE are the same. However, the rooms are very different. First, the AE is larger and only has a queen size bed for sleeping. There is no place for an extra. However, it feels much more spacious. There is a larger TV, a real dry bar, a dressing area, a love seat, small chair and small cocktail table. THere is also a luggage rack at the foot of the bed. THe AF has a fold out couch in addition to the bed. It feels much smaller to me. If you want some pictures of the AE, give me your email address. My pictures are to big to post.

We stayed in the AE last January, and visited an AF. The people in AF said they thought they would go for an AE if the were back on the DAWN. Obviously, you get Butler service with the AE and not the AF.

Thanks....we have already stayed in the AF...the upgrade was too good to pass up...:D ...BTW does the balcony wrap around on the outside cabins ...???

Yes the balcony does wrap around, but there is a locked door preventing you from getting to this area. After a few days we finally got the stewart to open it. However, it was while we were at dinner and I guess it was banging, so someone came and locked it back up. I don't honestly understand the reason they have it locked but....

Thanks again Cruise Mouse It looks like we are in your old cabin 8670..:D ..We'll have to see what we can do about that door...;)

We had a banging door problem on the Dawn's regular balcony last Dec., as we had adjoining cabins with my brother. Once the steward unlocked the door, there did not seem to be a mechanism to keep it latched. One night we also had a whistling noise caused by the wind action going on; it was quite a musical evening. Most nights a propped lounge chair usually did the trick!

We had a banging door problem on the Dawn's regular balcony last Dec., as we had adjoining cabins with my brother. Once the steward unlocked the door, there did not seem to be a mechanism to keep it latched. One night we also had a whistling noise caused by the wind action going on; it was quite a musical evening. Most nights a propped lounge chair usually did the trick!

This may be why people always add things like duct tape and a bungee cord to the things to bring on a cruise list :D

This may be why people always add things like duct tape and a bungee cord to the things to bring on a cruise list :D

Is that why? I always thought the duct tape was for the mouths of the perpetual whiners, and the fraleys! I also thought the bungee cord was to hold my pants together the last few days after eating so much! :p

Is that why? I always thought the duct tape was for the mouths of the perpetual whiners, and the fraleys! I also thought the bungee cord was to hold my pants together the last few days after eating so much! :p

I use the bungee cord as a belt for my jeans on formal night. Duct tape makes a great tie, easy to wipe off and it sticks to my tee shirt keeping it out of my cold soup. If you roll up a little extra tape and put it on the tie your napkin will stick and I don't have to tuck it inside the neck of the tee shirt :D

I use the bungee cord as a belt for my jeans on formal night. Duct tape makes a great tie, easy to wipe off and it sticks to my tee shirt keeping it out of my cold soup. If you roll up a little extra tape and put it on the tie your napkin will stick and I don't have to tuck it inside the neck of the tee shirt :D

Aaaaaahaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!

I am rolling on the floor laughing like the idiot I truly am! Man, I love your sense of humor!

:D :D :D

Shoreguy, as usual, you are tooooo funny!! :D What an image, of you, on formal night....LOL We will definitely be packing duck tape & a bungee cord!!!

Cruise Mouse, we have moved once again...now we're in your future cabin...so, if the wrap-around can be accessed, between Rich and us, we have both sides covered! ;)

TomCT, the Dawn should contact Carnival...on the Legend, they had one heck of a gizmo, the partition clamped to the rail, and never moved a speck!! You know Rich & us well enough by now :D we'll figure out a way!! Also...think Golden Princess, 3/25/06!!

You can always use the duck tape as suspenders and free up the bungee chord.

Then we use the bungee chord (a long one) to establish a jeans and shorts only section on OPTIONAL formal night..:D

I figure the gals might want to bungee (another long one) from our balconies down to gift shop...it is right below us...

As for the balcony door we could use a bottle of smuggled in wine. When we get asked , we can always say its a door stop...

We had a similar banging noise on the Dawn but just thought it was our neighbors..:rolleyes:

On a semi serious note..somone on this site MUST have picture of that partition..:D HELP PLEASE !!

Rich, we seem to remember duct tape coming in quite handy a few years back, when you had that incident (blow-out as Ed chooses to call it), with your shorts, at Gates Fort, Bermuda....LOL You took magic-mending tape to a whole new level!!! :D

Lordy...we do have some great memories!! ;)

Rich, we seem to remember duct tape coming in quite handy a few years back, when you had that incident (blow-out as Ed chooses to call it), with your shorts, at Gates Fort, Bermuda....LOL You took magic-mending tape to a whole new level!!! :D

Lordy...we do have some great memories!! ;)

Sounds like all of us BDA freaks have some great memories of Gates Fort. I can't tell you ours, though! :eek:

Trying to get a pic of Gates Fort on here! Not a very good one, but if it shows..it's the whole gang at Gates Fort!! No blow-out photo....yet!! ;)

Yahoo...looks like it works!! We took this photo from the deck of the Horizon, June 2001. The gang had been there since before sunrise!!...and our wayward ship was very late. What a thrill for us..there they were, huge signs and all! :D

welcome.JPG.f3cda800632a2afce81715cbff7c37ed.JPG

Archived