So Long Carnivial.... It's Been Real.. But I Have To Say GOODBYE!!!

Big Jay

Don't know how you guys are getting solo deals on RCI. My older sister sails solo and she has always paid double-200%. We do book usually a year in advance. She has never been offered less that the 200% price and had sailed solo 4 times on RCI.

Curious...

When did you experience these things on Carnival?

Maybe you are new to CC and dont read many threads.

The poster was saying they expected the reason the OP was leaving was one of those reasons .... because we read it all the time. Thats what I was expecting, so I knew what they meant.

They were saying ... well at least its for a new reason.

Don't know how you guys are getting solo deals on RCI. My older sister sails solo and she has always paid double-200%. We do book usually a year in advance. She has never been offered less that the 200% price and had sailed solo 4 times on RCI.

Ive never been OFFERED a rate myself .. but I search. Some TA sites, you can search for solo rates, cant mention which ones.

Look at the last minute tuesday deals for RCL.

Your poor sister is probably stuck with what you pick, and cant pick and choose and get the less than 200% because she sails when you sail and you dont care if she doesnt get a deal.

Most of us search for those great rates is how we find them. We dont sit on our hands waiting for someone to call and make a offer.

Its not offered on every cruise, often its a last min deal. Royal does put out Tuesday sales pdf and the single supplement deals are always listed.

There are also a few websites, that list single supplement deals.

I cruise solo and I always run the numbers. Sometimes Carnival is cheaper, sometimes Royal, sometimes NCL, etc. You get the picture.

I have found that on Royal they offer usually 125-175% on their last minute cruises. But not everyone can cruise last minute. Some people have to plan their vacations way in advance because that is what their employer requires.

So OP if I were you I would run the numbers and see which cruise is better for you when you are ready to book.

I've pretty much always sailed solo and years ago quit looking at the percentages based on double-single occupancy. I now look at the total price for the length of cruise I am researching and compute what the per diem is. If I feel comfortable with that rate then I'll book it. If it is in excess of my set limit then I'll look elsewhere or not go.

After I left Carnival I cruised most of the other mass market lines before settling in on Celebrity Cruises for my last three cruises. My next one is booked with Princess. I priced cruises last year where several cruise lines came in cheaper than Carnival. For 2013 I am still deciding between Princess, Celebrity, and RCI. As you can see I still shop around, but will go with the cruise line whose price is fair for that particular cruise.

If you are very flexible and able to do last minute deals RCI and Celebrity have some pretty good deals. Here are the links to their Tuesday Specials. The Fall and Winter deals are pretty good so you may want to earmark the links and look at them after Summer is over.

Celebrity Cruises

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Royal Caribbean

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Ive never been OFFERED a rate myself .. but I search. Some TA sites, you can search for solo rates, cant mention which ones.

Your poor sister is probably stuck with what you pick, and cant pick and choose and get the less than 200% because she sails when you sail and you dont care if she doesnt get a deal.

Most of us search for those great rates is how we find them. We dont sit on our hands waiting for someone to call and make a offer.

Wow, you are usually pretty snippy, but this was bordering on rude! How do you know what she cares or doesn't? Obviously she cares or she wouldn't have asked how other people get the deals.

Carnivial IS More Expensive "If" Sailing Solo!!! You Have To Pay 200% Supplement, With The Others It's 150%!!:o

But the 100% rate is significantly higher to begin with, so your 150% rate on another line may well equal Carnivals 200% rate

You follow?

That price difference is just $15 a day..and the FOS is smack dab in the middle of cane season, so it should be cheaper than a May cruise.

You dont mention cabin, but Im guessing you were in a porthole on Freedom and in a true inside on FOS.

What Difference Does It Make??? I Wasn't In A Porthole Room, And Royal Caribbean Doesn't Offer 1a Rooms!!!!:confused:

What's A TRUE Inside??????:eek:

What Difference Does It Make??? I Wasn't In A Porthole Room, And Royal Caribbean Doesn't Offer 1a Rooms!!!!:confused:

My guess is that Dayton was just saying -- let's be fair and compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

Who the heck peed in your cornflakes this morning?? That post was totally uncalled for! You don't know anything about us to be making judgements.

For your information we have to book far out because of my daughter's work schedule. My sister is 82 and we always bring her along with us. She couldn't cruise otherwise.

So now you can get down off your high horse.

I was simply asking a question hoping to find out how to get her a better rate.

My point was you werent making a fair comparison. A cruise in the height of hurricane season to a cruise in May....and again the price was only $15pd higher.

A true inside, is a room without any natural light coming in.

Wow, you are usually pretty snippy, but this was bordering on rude! How do you know what she cares or doesn't? Obviously she cares or she wouldn't have asked how other people get the deals.

Thank you Brenda!

I also thought that was very rude and not helpful at all.

But typical for that poster so I shouldn't be surprised.

Like. ;).

Big Jay,

Are those deals you listed inside,

porthole, balcony, or suite cabins??

Carnival went to the 200% June 2011.

Most lines are the same, occasionally you

can find a deal. However, most (single supplement)

of those deals are for the inside cabins..

Princess Ruby 7-Night Eastern Caribbean $1058 (Solo)

Norwegian Breakaway (Brand NEW Ship) Leaving From My Homeport, NYC, $1065!!! (Solo)

Carnivial Freedom 8-Night Southern Caribbean $1247, 5-05-12, ( Airfare, Transfers, Not Included)

I was interested in booking a cruise to alaska. It was 7 days, 347.00 for a solo rate, which was about 125%. This was on RCI next month.

that price for a solo too go too alaska solo is amazing. i would probably faint if i saw that price. but if the ship is not leaving from seattle have you factored in the cost of the flight to canada or whittier?? airfare is very high too get too those destinations. any kind of transportation to either port would bring up the price. and then add in your hotel stay or cruise tour and your getting back into the big bucks. i admitt i love carnival so i always check them out first for a cruise. but this thread is getting back me curious about checking out the other lines for prices.

My point was you werent making a fair comparison. A cruise in the height of hurricane season to a cruise in May....and again the price was only $15pd higher.

A true inside, is a room without any natural light coming in.

Well Techinically, Hurricane Season Begins June 01, I Will Be Sailing Late Sept/ Early Oct, So I Should Be Fine!!!

Your'e Entiled To Your Opinion, As Well As I!!!

The Bottomline Is... I Do What's BEST FOR MY WALLET!!! Not Yours, Or Anyone Ele"s!!!!!!

I Doesnt Matter If It's $15.00 Or 50 Cent!!! It's My Dollar, My Decision!!

I've Made Up My Mind!!! I'm No Longer Cruising Carnivial!!! And, That My Freind, Is My Final Answer!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Well Techinically, Hurricane Season Begins June 01, I Will Be Sailing Late Sept/ Early Oct, So I Should Be Fine!!!

The Bottomline Is... I Do What's BEST FOR MY WALLET!!! Not Yours, Or Anyone Ele"s!!!!!!

I've Made Up My Mind!!! I'm No Longer Cruising Carnivial!!! And, That My Freind, Is My Final Answer!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hope you have a great time on your cruises.

If you didnt want anyone to voice their opinions, you didnt have to start a thread, you could have just stopped cruising with Carnival :) None of us would have ever known.

Big Jay,

Are those deals you listed inside,

porthole, balcony, or suite cabins??

Carnival went to the 200% June 2011.

Most lines are the same, occasionally you

can find a deal. However, most (single supplement)

of those deals are for the inside cabins..

Those Deals Are Insides!!! I Do Insides, So I Can Cruise Twice A Year!!!:)

I Also Understand That Carnivial Went 200% In June 2011!!!! I've Booked My 5-05-12 Carnivial Freedom, Before June 2011... That's The Reason Why" I NO LONGER WILL BE SALING WITH THEM"!!!! I'm Not Paying A 200% Supplement To Sail Them!!! They Good, But They Ain't That Good!!

I can't say for sure as I have not run any numbers, but given how much more expensive all those other lines you mention are - won't you wind up paying the same number of dollars, or awfully close???

NCL started the solo-friendly cabin and dedicated-to-singles private lounge on their ship, Norwegian Epic. Their next 2 ships, NCL Breakaway and NCL Getaway, will have the same. No single supplement to pay.

I've Just Returned, From The 5-05-12 Sailing On Carnivial Freedom!!! I Had A Great Time, But I Will NOT Be Sailing Carnivial In The Near Future!!!

I Sail Solo, And Carnivial Got Rid Of The Solo Supplement, And No Matter How Much Fun I Have... I Can't See Myself Paying A 200% Supplement To Sail Carnivial:eek:!!!

So Royal Caribbean, Princess, Norwegian, Look Out.. Here I Come!!!:p

I can understand that.

Hope you have many many many wonderful cruises in the future!!

NCL started the solo-friendly cabin and dedicated-to-singles private lounge on their ship, Norwegian Epic. Their next 2 ships, NCL Breakaway and NCL Getaway, will have the same. No single supplement to pay.

If you are a bargain cruiser, the studio cabins are more expensive than Carnival's 1A cabins. The draw would be for the entertainment on the ships and Living room for solos.

This shows hurricane activity. Although hurricane season begins in June, when you are sailing is in the peak.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/Atlyearly.jpg

Archived