Which Cruise To Select??

galary

Hi,

We are "young seniors" and relatively new to cruising and trying to decide which cruise to select. We would like a ship with lots of "things to do".....eg entertainment/shows on at sea days.

Right now we are considering:

Dec 8 Celebrity Summit

San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Roseau, Dominica; St. George's, Grenada; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dec 7 Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas .

San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - At Sea -Castries, Saint Lucia - Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe - St John's, Antigua and Barbuda - Saint Croix, Virgin Islands - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dec 9 Princess Ruby

Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Princess Cays, Bahamas - At Sea - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - Grand Turk Island, Turks and Caicos Islands - At Sea - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Questions:

Which cruise would you suggest we pick?

Are there any other cruises you would suggest?

Anyone already booked on the above cruises?

galary

I would say Royal Caribbean. Why? we haven't been on Celebrity is quite a while but think of them as more of a 'country club' style of cruising. Few families and most men actually wore a tux on formal night. They didn't have a lot of day time activities.

We were on the Princess Dawn last year and felt we were the youngest on board.We are a young 68! In the atrium EVERY night they had a violyn, cello and piano playing. How do you dance to that? We never saw so many people dancing the waltz before and not in the atrium. We like to go to a lounge before dinner (8:15) and have a drink,maybe dance. In the lounge, the trio left for an hour's dinner at 7:30! We ended up watching 'Marmaduke" on our cabin TV when there didn't seem to be anytihng else to do!

Check the review here for each ship then decide. You will find similar things to do in each port.

Hi,

We are "young seniors" and relatively new to cruising and trying to decide which cruise to select. We would like a ship with lots of "things to do".....eg entertainment/shows on at sea days.

Right now we are considering:

Dec 8 Celebrity Summit

San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Roseau, Dominica; St. George's, Grenada; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dec 7 Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas .

San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - At Sea -Castries, Saint Lucia - Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe - St John's, Antigua and Barbuda - Saint Croix, Virgin Islands - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dec 9 Princess Ruby

Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Princess Cays, Bahamas - At Sea - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - Grand Turk Island, Turks and Caicos Islands - At Sea - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Questions:

Which cruise would you suggest we pick?

Are there any other cruises you would suggest?

Anyone already booked on the above cruises?

galary

We are in our low 50's. We absolutely loved the Summit.

Great ship and I believe it is or already has gone into drydock. I also love the Itinerary...

My next choice would be Royal Caribbean....never had a bad cruise or experience with them.

What ever you choose, will be great. We all differ in opinions..just do a little research and good luck to you both.:)

We would choose the Ruby Princess because we really like Princess and like to sail from Ft. Lauderdale.

However, the other ships offer interesting itineraries -so would research the ports and choose according to itinerary preference. JMO.

Celebrity is the classiest of the three. Princess isn't far behind with Royal come in third. Ihave cruise on all three of these lines. Pick the Summit or the Ruby.

This just goes to show that each will have their own view, and the OP can't really expect a definitive answer.

While I have often seen Celebrity cited as a class above the others, that is not my opinion. I have been on 3 Royals, 2 Princess, 1 Celebrity (Millennium, btw) and would rank Celebrity at the bottom of my experiences. Not bad, just not the best.

I would go with RCI first (Navigator my favorite ship of all) Princess 2nd, Celebrity 3rd. Nobody can assure you what you will like based on their own experience.

Archived