port check in time

ourhoneymoon06

Just checked in online for our fantasy cruise next week. Only the latest port check in time slot was left! I called disney to see if we could check in earlier, and the rep told me that as long as we take the disney bus transfer from the airport, we can check in whenever we want. Has anyone else experienced this?

Just checked in online for our fantasy cruise next week. Only the latest port check in time slot was left! I called disney to see if we could check in earlier, and the rep told me that as long as we take the disney bus transfer from the airport, we can check in whenever we want. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, if you're taking the DCL transfers from MCO, your port arrival time is moot. You will enter the terminal as soon as the bus arrives. It's possibile, if it's still busy inside the terminal, you may have to wait a few minutes on the bus, but it's pretty quick.

Are you arriving that morning and taking the transfers? Or staying at the Hyatt overnight and then to the port?

:)

thanks for the reply!

We're arriving late the night before and staying at the hyatt...

OK, when you check in at the Hyatt, let them know you have bags to be taken down for DCL transfers the next morning. They will get them there. You won't see your bags again until they arrive at your stateroom later that afternoon.

In the morning, the DCL transfer desk opens at 8:30. You will check-in for your cruise there, receive your KTTW cards, and a boarding number. And be assigned to a bus. The first bus leaves at 9:30, subsequent busses leave as they fill or every 30 minutes thereafter.

If you make the first bus, you will be at the port when it opens. Actual boarding doesn't start until 11:45.

you've done this before, haven't you? ;)

thanks for all the info! I feel much more comfortable now!!

Actually, no. But I'm doing research for our next Disney cruise from PC, whenever that may be. I learned this stuff from another board.

Archived