Cave tubing footwear - tevas or tennis shoes?

TheWhistler

We bought water shoes at Walmart for like 5.00 a piece and wore them on our trip last month. They worked out great and we were glad we didn't spend alot of money....If you have an old pair of tennis shoes then they would work great too.

Helen

http://kollnfamily.com

Premier Oceanic 5/92

CCL Sensation 2/99

CCL Triumph 2/03

CCL Inspiration 3/04

I've been agonizing over this decision too icon_wink.gif I planned on wearing water shoes, but have read that they aren't very good with all of the rocks on the trail & in the river. I have a pair of tennis shoes I "could" wear, but really don't want a pair of sopping wet shoes to deal with.

I put a pair of Dr. Sholl's insoles inside the water shoes...do you think that would be enough support to make them work for the tubing? I don't have a pair of Teva's and don't really want to buy any just for this trip since I probably wouldn't wear them much afterwards.

Advice anyone??

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

When we went a few weeks ago, we all wore Teva-like shoes. Water shoes would work just fine as well as tennis shoes. You will be soaking wet and things just don't dry well in that part of the world- it's really humid. If you are wearing tennis shoes, wear some you can throw away. The hike is not very strenuous and although there were a few spots with rocks, it is not difficult in sandals. My 10 year had no problem with it, carrying his tube and lifejacket and wearing sandals. Some of the people with us had bought cheap tennis shoes at WalMart and threw them away there. Have fun- it's a blast!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;3;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Elation

I actually bought a pair of Teva's specifically for our cruise...because we were cave tubing. And I think it was a great decision! They were comfortable, the soles were thick enough to protect my feet while tubing, I wore them ashore in every port, and I will wear them for many summers to come.

I bought them cheap at Sierra Trading Post.com. You might want to check out their web site.

Some others that had water shoes were "feelin" the river bottom when they had to walk in the shallow areas.

Bottom line, you will be OK either way!

MB

Glory 2/04

Paradise 5/03

Destiny 3/02

Archived