Infinity Boarding in Seattle

milokama

Hi There,

I'm leaving in a week!!!!

I'm looking at my documents and it says for comfort and convenience don't arrive before 1pm... however it seems I've read on other threads that people show up much earlier.

My question(s) are this:

Can we board earlier than 1pm?

others in our party have a suite, how much earlier can they board (they did not check in online, but we did)

Will we be allowed to board together, early?

If we want to board together should we go early or at 1pm.

We have elderly folks with us so we don't want them standing in long lines if possible.

We had originally planned on arriving at 11am from our hotel but I don't want to be standing around in a hanger with no where to go, no where to sit, milling around waiting if we can stay comfortable in our hotel rooms... however if it is possible to get on early and start exploring the ship that is what we prefer.

Thanks for any information!!

Hi There,

I'm leaving in a week!!!!

I'm looking at my documents and it says for comfort and convenience don't arrive before 1pm... however it seems I've read on other threads that people show up much earlier.

My question(s) are this:

Can we board earlier than 1pm?

others in our party have a suite, how much earlier can they board (they did not check in online, but we did)

Will we be allowed to board together, early?

If we want to board together should we go early or at 1pm.

We have elderly folks with us so we don't want them standing in long lines if possible.

We had originally planned on arriving at 11am from our hotel but I don't want to be standing around in a hanger with no where to go, no where to sit, milling around waiting if we can stay comfortable in our hotel rooms... however if it is possible to get on early and start exploring the ship that is what we prefer.

Thanks for any information!!

Hi Milokama,

I have not been on a Celebrity ship, but here are my best answers, based on reading many threads on this subject

1. You can almost always board earlier than 1 PM. In fact, many cruisers like to arrive before 11, to be the first ones on the ship. However, sometimes there are delays that cause late embarkations. And in fact this occurred last Friday in Seattle with the Infinity. But several smart CC posters were aware of that last week, so they modified their plans accordingly.

2. Under normal circumstances, I don’t believe there is a significant “earlier” boarding time for suite guests. But there is a separate check-in line for suites, and that line would presumably be shorter and quicker than the regular lines

3. I don’t think that suite guests are allowed to bring everyone in their travel group with them to the suites check-in line. In other words, if I were in the suites line I wouldn’t want the Penthouse guests to bring all 52 of their grandchildren to check in ahead of me.

4. See #1, but I would think that if everyone stays together in a group in the regular check-in line, then you would all board together (like at an airport). I don’t think your arrival time makes a difference.

5. The earlier you arrive, the greater the chance that a ship delay will force you to wait at the pier. However, maybe everyone will decide to arrive at 2:00 that day. This Seattle-specific question may best be answered by SeattleBarberShop. He is the encyclopedia of Seattle cruising.

Regarding lunch, you can go to the buffet or Bistro on 5.

And I’ve read that many posters do explore the ship while waiting for their cabin to be ready, even if some of the services haven’t “opened for business” yet. There are areas set aside for folks to relax and wait comfortably for their rooms to be ready, but I don't think X forces you to wait in any particular ship location once onboard.

Hope this helps. Again I am no expert, so hopefully a seasoned X cruiser will have more definitive answers.

Another point the OP has mentionned; '' unwilling to wait around in a hangar''....The terminal Celebrity uses in Seattle for Infinity is quite spacious,well appointed, has been modernized , lots of comfortable seating areas. If you're ''stuck with waiting around for a while'', I know of much worse places to be in than Seattle's Bell 66 pier.;)

Arriving around 10-45 / 11;00am-ish , under normal conditions ,will 95% of the time guarantee you will be accross the gangway before noon.

Happy sailing

Cheers

p.s it's also a '' one ship '' terminal, so, no ''traffic jam''.

I sailed this cruise on this ship last June.

We checked in a bit after 11:00 and since we were suite guests, we enjoyed the comfortable lounge area and enjoyed a continental breakfast.

I think we boarded around noon and explored the ship...rooms opened up about 14:00, but suites opened earlier, a bit after 13:00.

Have a GREAT cruise.

Archived