CP Emerald Minis - Covered to the railing?

madelinerose

Hi...I'm new to Princess and have searched and searched, but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I know that the CP Emerald Deck Mini suites are "totally" covered, but does that mean all the way to the balcony railing? If so, is there absolutely no sun whatsoever? :confused:

My cruise will be on the new Crown, but the Caribbean seems to be the closest match so far.

Thanks, everyone!

So funny! I just made 2 calls to Princess within the last hour. Two different reps absolutely confirmed, after putting me on hold for a short while, that on the new Crown, the Dolphin & Emerald mini suites will have totally uncovered balconies just like the Caribbean Princess!:confused:

When I explained that according to Cruise Critic members who have sailed on the Caribbean, the Emerald balconies are totally covered, both reps were completely baffled. :D

I hear you teach223! :eek:

Do you know if the balcony overhang goes all the way to the railing?

Princess reps assured me last year that mini-suite balconies on the Dolphin deck were half covered and half open. They were totally uncovered.

Caribbean Princess has a tiered balcony system. Dolphin deck balconies are totally uncovered. The lifeboats hang from this deck. As you go higher from Dolphin deck, the balconies become more covered. I think the Emerald mini-suites are covered, but they are also over Club Fusion. Some have said it is quite noisy above this area. I also agree most of the Princess Reps are not familiar with the ships enough to know what is completely covered, partially covered, or totally open.

As long as the sun is not directly above the ship, like at noon, some sun should shine on the balcony. Depending on the direction you are traveling, it will either be during the morning hours or the afternoon hours. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I sincerely believe that many of the customer service reps for every cruiseline are not totally informed. Although the vast majority are extremely courteous, correct answers to many questions are few and far between. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic!

That pic really helps, rtroeh! :) Thanks!! So, normally on other cruises, I usually get a balcony on Deck 10....so this would be in comparision to the Aloha Deck on the Carib. Princess? And these balcony's are fully covered by the deck above? Is that correct?? Thanks! :)

It was completely covered. It was great when it was raining because you can still use the balcony and not get wet.

It was great for when there wasn't a cloud with blue skies because it provided some shade, but still depending on the level of the sun the balcony was sunny. Also, depending on which direction the ship was sailing, sometimes we had afternooon sun and sometimes morning sun.

All of the minis on the Dophin deck are completely open above. You loose some privacy and you don't have protection from the sun or the rain.

It was completely covered. It was great when it was raining because you can still use the balcony and not get wet.

It was great for when there wasn't a cloud with blue skies because it provided some shade, but still depending on the level of the sun the balcony was sunny. Also, depending on which direction the ship was sailing, sometimes we had afternooon sun and sometimes morning sun.

All of the minis on the Dophin deck are completely open above. You loose some privacy and you don't have protection from the sun or the rain.

Thanks!!! That helps!! :)

Thanks, sunnyv...love your pics!

Two more questions, if you don't mind - In E721, will our view toward the bow be obstructed by the lifeboats?

I've looked at hundreds of pics on a hundred sites, but haven't gotten a really close look at the entire starboard aft.

I hate to post this on this board, but the Princess cabins, imho, are very small. The Jr. Suite I have booked on RCI Jewel is 50 sq. ft. larger than the CB mini and even Carnival has a sofa in a standard balcony room. Also, for some reason, when I see the pics of the CB, I'm just not getting that "wow" feeling like I do with the RCI Radiance class ships. The lounges and restaurants look very dark and plain to me. Do I have the right impression or am I waaay off track? :confused:

Perhaps Princess just isn't the right fit for me.

Thanks a million! I really appreciate your replies! ;)

Here's another group of pictures that may help!!! We loved our cabin.

http://community.webshots.com/album/290527980oqveMZ

Thanks, sunnyv...love your pics!

Two more questions, if you don't mind - In E721, will our view toward the bow be obstructed by the lifeboats?

I've looked at hundreds of pics on a hundred sites, but haven't gotten a really close look at the entire starboard aft.

The life boats don't stick out any farther than the wall dividers between each balcony cabin. I don't think the view would be a problem at all in E721.

• 2 months later...

On the cruise personalizer it shows Emerald deck mini suite E719 as non converting bed configuration, is this true or can they be made into a queen size

bed???? We want emerald deck for covered balcony, but not at the cost of non converting twins.....anyone know if the beds convert???

One previous poster mentioned that many of the Princess phone reps had not been on the ships.

H---, most of them are from "the valley" (yes - those infamous "Valley Girls") and have never seen the ocean!

E731 said non-converting twins on our personalizer also, but as I said they were already in queen formation when we arrived. The only cabins on the CB that I know of that don't convert are D732 & D733. D719 is an inside cabin without the capibility of a 3rd or 4th person, so my bet is they can be a queen also.

and personalizer says non converting twins,for mini suite E719 so i'm glad yours said non converting twins and the bed was made into queen for you, were on the star princess, and hoping ours will be able to be made into queen. thanks for your info.

Archived