Where are Mariner new reviews?

That is where they used to handle the Diamond reception each evening on the Explorer, but the 19th Hole stayed basically the same the rest of the day.

It would be nice to have a fairly exclusive place on the Mariner.

I just posted a dry dock update in another thread. Just off Mariner (as of last week) and home from some days in Rome. Look for other thread related to Mariner. But Yes, 19th Hole was converted to crowded Diamond Lounge. Some work was still being done but mostly it was done before sailing and Mariner was very nice. Bigger issue than the work was 1/3 of staff was new to working cruise ships and very obviously not fully trained. But they seemed to catch on over the course of the two weeks.

MUCH longer and detailed cruise review (with pics) as soon as I can get it done. Half written now and still unloading pics from cameras. Stay tuned. ;)

We sail in less than 6 weeks and we too want to know where the DL will be located? Also, the RCI Mariner of the Seas web page shows Portofino and Giovanni's Table Italian restaurant in the Dining Options - does it have both or have they added Giovanni's and failed to remove Portofino's??

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=MA

Can't wait to see a review or two...

Thanks, and looking forward to reading the review. One question ... I have read on other threads that although there was a Diamond lounge/club that it was still more like a Diamond event - not like a true Diamond lounge with mixed drinks and hot/cold appetizers. Can you commment on what was served in the lounge?

I just posted a dry dock update in another thread. Just off Mariner (as of last week) and home from some days in Rome. Look for other thread related to Mariner. But Yes, 19th Hole was converted to crowded Diamond Lounge. Some work was still being done but mostly it was done before sailing and Mariner was very nice. Bigger issue than the work was 1/3 of staff was new to working cruise ships and very obviously not fully trained. But they seemed to catch on over the course of the two weeks.

MUCH longer and detailed cruise review (with pics) as soon as I can get it done. Half written now and still unloading pics from cameras. Stay tuned. ;)

Thanks, and looking forward to reading the review. One question ... I have read on other threads that although there was a Diamond lounge/club that it was still more like a Diamond event - not like a true Diamond lounge with mixed drinks and hot/cold appetizers. Can you commment on what was served in the lounge?

Sorry, just barely Platinum so not worthy of entry. I can ask some of our Roll Call people.

Yes, Giovanni's Table replaced Portofino. I had been aprehensive of the change to a more casual environment but it is still a nice and classy atmosphere and service was excellent. One hitch was that although I had made online reservations (and thus paid in advance) both times we ate there we were given slip with charge for $20 each ($40 total) and had to have them re-ring it as zero (with place to add extra tip on the slip). But first time the $40 ended up on the SeaPass account and it took until the end of the cruise (and printing emailed receipt for pre-purchase) to get it removed from them account. So for awhile at least, until they iron out the bugs, be sure to check the slips if pre-reservation had been made. One thing we did not try, and now regret, was trying GT for lunch.

Archived