New NCL Ship

seahorse

Read all about it on www.cruise-community.com

I hate :eek: sites I need to register with just to read. From NCL.com

NCL Corporation (“NCL”) today announced a further new ship order with Meyer Werft, in Germany, for delivery in October 2007 to its Norwegian Cruise Line brand. The vessel, currently referred to as hull S.670, will have a capacity of 2,384 lower berths and be a sister to Norwegian Jewel, which is scheduled for delivery in August of this year.

They had to do something with the all balcony ship deal falling apart last month.

I hate :eek: sites I need to register with just to read. From NCL.com

NCL Corporation (“NCL”) today announced a further new ship order with Meyer Werft, in Germany, for delivery in October 2007 to its Norwegian Cruise Line brand. The vessel, currently referred to as hull S.670, will have a capacity of 2,384 lower berths and be a sister to Norwegian Jewel, which is scheduled for delivery in August of this year.

They had to do something with the all balcony ship deal falling apart last month.

:o Sorry, why don`t you register? It`s a good site:D Didn`t think it would do that. When I click it on it goes right to it.

Guest nhrich

I think this contract probably replaces the one that fell apart (contract, not ship :D ) a couple of weeks ago.

Ann, you probably signed in to that site a while ago and when you did it left a cookie on your computer so that you won't have to sign in again (same way Cruise Critic does it).

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

:o Sorry, why don`t you register? It`s a good site:D Didn`t think it would do that. When I click it on it goes right to it.

Not your problem. I think I did register before but how can you remember all those logins :confused:

Not your problem. I think I did register before but how can you remember all those logins :confused:

NCL will in fact have the youngest fleet in the future. The problem most will be almost the same. One thing the old NCL had was a very different fleet of ships.

Don't get me wrong I love the Star class ships but it would have been good if the other new build had gotten thru the contract process.

I agree I was really looking forward to the new design.

They did say they would keep working with Aker Finyards

on future designs. Maybe they will come up with a non panamax designed ship with them. Do you think NCL would increase the size of their ships to stay competitive?

HLP

Here is the full press release for those that are not registered:

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr0050305.htm

NNCL ANNOUNCES ANOTHER NEWBUILD ORDER

MIAMI, MAY 3, 2005 -- NCL Corporation (“NCL”) today announced a further new ship order with Meyer Werft, in Germany, for delivery in October 2007 to its Norwegian Cruise Line brand. The vessel, currently referred to as hull S.670, will have a capacity of 2,384 lower berths and be a sister to Norwegian Jewel, which is scheduled for delivery in August of this year. Total contract price, including Owner’s Supply, is €391 million (approximately $510 million at today’s exchange rate).

The new order follows an order announced in December last year with the same yard for an identical ship to be delivered in February 2007, and becomes the fifth ship now in the pipeline for introduction to the NCL fleet during the next 28 months. This new order will be the 10th big new ship to join the NLC fleet since the fleet modernization began in late 1999. Once this 10th ship is delivered in 2007, over 75 percent of NCL’s inventory of beds will be on ships less than eight years old.

Commenting on the order, Star Cruises chairman Tan Sri K T Lim said: “This order builds upon the tremendous commercial success of our Norwegian Star and Norwegian Dawn, and continues our strong relationship with the Meyer shipyard. Our investment in the NCL fleet modernization is now close to $4 billion since 2000, which demonstrates the commitment and confidence we have in our strategy.”

Colin Veitch, NCL’s President and CEO, said: “We are as pleased as can be to announce Number 10. The modernization of NCL’s fleet has now gained full momentum and we are well on the way to our goal of having the youngest fleet in the industry. Following the disappointing decision recently to terminate discussions on another ship with another yard, we are very pleased now to have secured our desired second ship for 2007.”

The ships now on order for delivery by 2007 are as follows:

Ø Pride of America June 2005

Ø Norwegian Jewel August 2005

Ø Pride of Hawaii April 2006

Ø S.669 February 2007

Ø S.670 October 2007

Archived