Epic Family Questions

willise

Hi all,

We've booked the Epic in an aft balcony, however we now have decided to take our kids with us. So, unfortunately, we cannot put four people in an aft balcony (or many other balconies from what I see:confused:)

We will also be travelling with another four person family.

We initially wanted to get connecting staterooms, but it doesn't seem like the Epic has those either (with four people), so what is the best option? The four person rooms have the undesirable layout with the sofa by the balcony (we can live with that) but I would like some advice on the best family balcony rooms in the B2, B5 categories.

Thanks a million!!!

Deck 13 and 14 have the 4 person family staterooms. We had 4 in our room, and while it was cramped, it didn't cause us any problems. Have a couple of choices (other than upgrading to a suite)

Get two family balconies near each other, or

Get connecting rooms but put 2 across the hall in 3rd room (inside cabin)

I don't know how old your kids or their kids are, so I don't know the viability of the second option. This is what we're doing on our Jewel trip and it can be pretty cost effective.

Having said that, I would get non-connecting family balconies on 13 or 14. While the ability to go from room to room via the balcony or connecting door is nice, you also lose closet space that could be very useful if you have 4 in the room. All family balconies have the bed by the door and not the balcony, so you are stuck with that set-up, which while not preferred, isn't bad.

14069 and 14073 are close to each other and both have large balconies

I highly recoomend getting two cabins- a balcony and an inside scross the hall. The Epic cabins are WAY too small for 4 people, especially with the ridiculous bathroom configuration,

We have a different experience, and it depends on how people feel about space. We were fine with 11 in three rooms. We also LIKED the bathrooms under that situation

We ended up with a B4 cabin (13060) and a B2 cabin (13056) and the two insides directly across the hall.

It looks like they are just under the Kids Recess Area - I can't imagine there being too much noise form that area?

Thanks!!

Archived