Carnival

Mikeyto

Hello All! I'm curious about accessiblity on Carnival ships. I would love some information on your experiences on Carnival ships. I'm looking to go as a solo cruiser. I use a manual wheelchair and have some mobility. I appreciate everyone's help!

We've had good luck with accessbility on Carnival. For the most part.....

One time we had seating in MDR that required taking elevator for one floor - couldn't just walk across. All the AB taking elevator for one floor - we had to wait as much as 30 min for an elevator that DS would fit into.

The only negative remark I have is the elevators I believe someone posted. You may have to wait a while for one to enter with your wc.... You do find some people take the elevator up or down one floor and they are able to use the stairs.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on Spirit last fall. I rented a mobility scooter as I, too, have limited mobility. We also took a wheelchair for tendering into Cabo. My feeling was that Carnival had done just enough to come close to ADA standards but nothing more.

We had an extended balcony cabin. The ramp going out to the balcony was up against the closet wall and was so steep that it was impossible to get out there in the scooter or a wheelchair. Not to mention that the doors took an incredible amount of oomph to get open.

More disturbing to me was that it was impossible to get out onto the open decks. The scooter got stuck going over the door sill and my son would have to lift the scooter over and then I'd get back on. Of course our muster drill site was out on deck and one of the crew members told us to sit in a lounge since I couldn't make it out there. There was no loud speaker in the lounge (nor any crew) so we got no safety instructions.

Still, we had a great cruise but there were several little things that could have made it more comfortable.

Archived