Charlie Soto -- Recommend very highly!!

marshaatn

Prinny & Mamahugs,

We just booked the Coral for 11/14-11/24 cruise and very interested in this tour. We've been to Limon and Costa Rica several times and this tour sounds so very nice and different. I'm embarassed to ask, but what is Zip line?

We aren't cruising the Coral until late February.

There are so many of you that have decided to use Charlie....I'll be waiting to see your opinions.

I'll be especially interested to see what sites you'd include on your tour if you had to do it over again.

Been watching the Coral go thru the canal today on the bridge web cam....not sure I can wait until February.:(

Prinny & Mamahugs,

We just booked the Coral for 11/14-11/24 cruise and very interested in this tour. We've been to Limon and Costa Rica several times and this tour sounds so very nice and different. I'm embarassed to ask, but what is Zip line?

We've booked a group with Charlie off the Galaxy at the end of November, so I'm interested to hear reviews from those that tour before us. As for the Zip-Line ...it sort of what it sounds like .... cables that are strung from platform to platform thru the jungle canopy. You hook yourself to the cable - and 'zip' to the next platform! (With all the proper safety equipment of course!) Check out the 'activities' section of this link, and you can see some pictures .....

http://www.cliente.org/brisasdelajungla/english/index.htm

I'm very happy to see that others are learning the secret of Charlie and his tour! As I mentioned in my original posting, it was the best day of our cruise. There were only four of us on the tour and Charlie went out of the way to make sure we were taken care of. I especially liked the fact that he had a driver so that he could focus his attention on pointing out the sites to us without worrying about driving.

Charlie is extremely friendly and gracious and because he lived in California, speaks excellent English, which to me is a plus. No language barriers.

I hope everyone enjoys their day in Costa Rica with Charlie. I would not hesitate to recommend him and I hope to go back to have another tour with him again one day. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Prinny...you can find the roll call for our sailing on "Roll Call - Princess Cruises"

once you get there just click on Coral Princess and then find the date of our cruise.

The tour I booked with Charlie Soto is tour A-1...it includes the tortuguero canal, banana plantation, animal rescue center, bonita beach, cocoa bean plant, some view point and "monkey place"...7 places. If you want to go ziplining, he will make a stop there. Some of us plan to zipline..that's an additional charge. There are 6 of us that book this tour. Charlie said that we can bring more friends with us.

If you book with him, tell him that Allan sent you. See you at the cruise!!!

Mamahugs,

Thanks for your reply. We would love to go with you. How many hours will the tour take. Will we get back to the ship on time? The tour sounds great. Not sure we want to zipline. I kind of think one has to be in good shape to do it. I'm really afraid of it.

Can u tell me the cost of the tour per person?

I've tried emailing Charlie and so far i can't seem to get a response back.

Hi Prinny...Charlie charged $49 per person, if you want to zipline, that's another $40. I think the tour is about 7 hours. He's meeting us at the port at 7:30am Costa Rica time. Charlie is very good in responding to email. Sure you used the correct email address? Check the address above. Hope you hear from him.

I am a happy camper who did a tour with Charlie. He lives in San Jose and can drive to either side of C. Rica to meet you. He has a nice van and a good driver. If you are in Puntarenas he will meet you at the pier. He provides nice drinks and we ate delicious pineapple (so sweet) that he also provided. We told him what we wanted to do and he provided all that and more. I have no hesitation in recommending him to you. He was very quick with his emails. correct addy is okeydokeytours@hotmail.com

Charlie was good enough to take me into a school (which I enjoyed!) and we saw crocodiles in the river. Another highlight was shopping for coffee in the local supermarket! :cool:

Mamahugs,

I emailed Charlie and asked him if it was ok if we joined your group. I've also emailed him before but there are only myself and my husband and he did not answer.

I remember you said you can take friends on your tour so would it be alright if we joined you on your tour in Costa Rica even If i don't hear from him by email. I'll find out my room number on the Baja deck.

Hi mamahugs and prinny. My husband-to-be and I will be honeymooning on the Coral Princess on the Nov. 14 sailing from Lauderdale. We are really interested in the tour with Charlie... it seems like he is taking you all to a lot of the places/things we want to see, and is charging much less than the Princess shore excursions! Would we be able to join as well?

I have a question for those who already enjoyed the tour with Charlie.

How physically challenged the tour without ZIPLINE is? Is there a lot of uphill walking or anything like that. Please let me know. I would be much appreciated. Will be there this November and considering to book the tour.

Thanks again.

I have a question for those who already enjoyed the tour with Charlie.

How physically challenged the tour without ZIPLINE is? Is there a lot of uphill walking or anything like that. Please let me know. I would be much appreciated. Will be there this November and considering to book the tour.

Thanks again.

I would also be interested to know how physically challenging the ziplining is...do you need to be in reasonable physically shape...or could a couch potato enjoy ziplining?

Hi...I contacted Charlie and he said you can join us...so I reserved 2 spots for each of you. If you change your mind about going...PLEASE let me know. It would be unfair for Charlie to hold the spots for you and is not able to fill those seat at the last minute. Please send me your email address. Thanks

HI Mamahugs,

I also got a reply from Charlie that we can go with you. So he may have us twice, not sure. He said he will hold up two signs, one for Allan and one for Susan, that's us. He said the time would be 8am. I'm confused on the time.

My email address is cuddles8@aol.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Don't forget to tell your guide to meet you at the ship time. If you don't mention this he guide might show up at the local time at sometime of the year is 1 hour behind the ship (which happened to us in February, 05).

Costa Rica - Puerto Limon is a beautiful place. Don't forget to buy some coffee at the local supermarket. Costa Rica coffee is very good (Cafe Britts is as good as Blue Mountain - Jamaica) but alot cheaper.

We have been in Costa Rica - Puerto Limon twice and would like to return any time soon.

Happy Cruising

Does Charlie operate out of Puntarenas?

Charlie lives in San Jose, so he is about equidistant from both coasts. We went with him a week ago out of Puntarenas and had a great day. Saw GIGANTIC crocodiles on the Tarcoles River while the other couple with us did the canopy bridges. Charlie will see that everyone gets to do what they want. I recommend him highly.

• 2 weeks later...
Any body booked on The Coral Nov.24 (Thanksgiving sailing)?

I have just e-mailed Charlie about a tour whle in Limon,and wondered if anyone else wanted to join us?

Fran, we are booked on the Coral Nov. 24. After all of the wonderful things I've been reading about Charlie here, can't think of a better way of experiencing Coata Rica. I will be emailing him now for a reservation for my daughter and myself

Booked cruise just last Sunday so I'm scrambling a bit to get our excursions researched and booked.

There is a roll cal started if you would like to join us.

Kevin

Archived