What's a Teen Card?

cat25herine

Hi,

I have been checking the News, Web & Entertainment section of the MSC website for my upcoming cruise. Among the Wifi internet and newspaper deals there are a couple pf Teen card offer, but no explanation as what these are.

Anyone knows?

Hi,

I have been checking the News, Web & Entertainment section of the MSC website for my upcoming cruise. Among the Wifi internet and newspaper deals there are a couple pf Teen card offer, but no explanation as what these are.

Anyone knows?

Don't know the terms and conditions but are basically a s heme were teens get an amount they can spend on drinks and stuff like that onboard. Think MSC add on an extra monetary amount to what you pay for. Don't think there are refunds on unused credit though - not that it's likely a teenager would not spend it all!

Agree with the above. Unfortunately there are other limitations as well, such as you cannot combine remaining credit with another card, cannot transfer credit to or from another card, and cannot top up the card.

As a result, there will very likely be amounts left over that cannot be used so go back to MSC. Thus, the extra bonus is probably not much more than will go back to MSC so it's not really a great deal and winds up being a bit of hassle to use.

I think someone thought it would be a good idea, but it apparently doesn't get a lot of sales so their staff/procedures on it aren't so strong. The above limitations aren't even fully apparent at the point of sale, and when I tried buying it I got a number of different stories from staff before I was finally able to (by finally dealing with someone who knew how to issue them).

Had I known the restrictions upfront I probably wouldn't have bought one though. The arrangements may suit some people though.

Archived