Where to buy biodegradeable sunscreen?

Dizzneefan

I've read that when you visit Xcaret in Coxumel you are required to use biodegradeable sunscreen I would like to buy this before leaving for the trip but have no idea where to start looking for it. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Tropical sands from mexitan products .com .

Reef safe, biodegradable and worked great last year on on the whole family on our 7 day cruise :)

That's the brand that we used on our last cruise. Thanks for reminding me :)

I think a lot of health food or vitamin stores carry some and I remember seeing one brand at Walgreen's, but that was a couple of years ago.

I ran out of sunscreen on our first cruise and bought some more in Cozumel. At least at the store we were at, all they had was biodegradeable and it was pretty cheap there. You can buy it online but if you have time, you can probably find some right at the port when you get off the ship.

I just picked up a new one from Banana Boat. I know this brand is generaly frowned upon but this version claims that the active ingredients are Titanium Dioxide (2.8%), Zinc Oxide (4%), they say it is oil free, PABA free, etc., and all natural. I did not see any of the usual "bad" ingredients listed. It is called Banana Boat Natural Reflect and they make a baby, kid and adult version. Does anyone know if this would be acceptable. It's about 8 bucks at Wal-Mart for a 4oz tube and over $11 at Amazon.

Archived