Anyone been on All-Inclusive Reef Club Beach Resort?

We are planning on booking this excursion during our June 2 sailing on the Elation. There will be a party of 3 families, which includes two active seniors (mid 70's), down to a 10 year old. Can anyone give their opinion of this package?

I can't speak from personal experience but we are doing this same excursion with Autoprogreso on our May 28 Elation cruise. It got good reviews on Trip Advisor and it will be nice to try something new when we return to Progreso.

Spent a couple of nights at the Reef. Beautiful facility but the food, at best, is just OK. But the drinks were good. Great pool and nice beach. Understand that you can only eat food at the pool area. Not in the dining room. Burgers, dogs, salads and cookies.

Spent a couple of nights at the Reef. Beautiful facility but the food, at best, is just OK. But the drinks were good. Great pool and nice beach. Understand that you can only eat food at the pool area. Not in the dining room. Burgers, dogs, salads and cookies.

I'm glad you thought the beach was nice. I like the beach in Progreso but don't so much enjoy being hounded by the continuous line of vendors. I'm assuming that they won't allow vendors at the Reef CLub.

• 2 weeks later...

I concur.

Gorgeous place, huge pool, plenty of toys for the kiddies, vollyball nets and miles of beach, but the food is only fair. Nice open bar next to pool with plenty of cold drinks. Plus they had a visit to the Xcambo ruins nearby. If you just want to relax and get away from vendors, this place works swell.

How am I doing H? I had to come back to this thread just to see if you and W were still hawking Progreso.;)LOL

My 24 year old daughter and I spent a few hours at the Reef Club on May 30 through Autoprogreso. The resort and grounds are beautiful. The drinks were a bit watered down but they were included and the waiters didn't seem to mind keeping them coming. The food was ok-mainly finger foods and snacks. There were plenty of beach chairs available, The swimming pool was beautiful but we never left the beach to try it out. The beach was pretty clean-we saw some debris but nothing too bad. The water is a nice greenish color and fairly clear. It is the Gulf of Mexico so not as pretty as what you find near Cozumel or Cancun. The only downside was a faint sewage smell that was there most of the time depending on which was the wind was blowing. But we didn't let it stop us from having a good time. We saw lots of pretty fish near the beach. They had water toys and kayacks but we didn't use them. Next time we are bacin this area we will consider going here again.

23483462_263(1024x768).jpg.1d88fc3df303b3fe785277ec493716ac.jpg

1066326522_249(1024x768).jpg.d61e1e2a73fd882b3b6a503886069784.jpg

1614212916_270(1024x768).jpg.80c5764c5a41abd42323fe4385fe2620.jpg

2057153315_273(1024x768).jpg.5a4945b563d42694c5d0e93d021f1b02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Approximately, what time did the bus leave and what time did it return.

The bus left around 10 from the Autoprogreso parking lot and we returned to the ship at 2:45ish. They gave us the option of being dropped off back in town or taken directly to the ship.

I would take that active group and get a private tour of Merida or some of the back country. From ruins to cenotes to restaurants to colonial cities, there is so much more to experience than another buffet.

Save your time and calories for better option.

My two cents.

I would take that active group and get a private tour of Merida or some of the back country. From ruins to cenotes to restaurants to colonial cities, there is so much more to experience than another buffet.

Save your time and calories for better option.

My two cents.

They cruised earlier this month :)

• 11 months later...

Archived