Anyone stayed in the BG balcony cabins?

honeymoon06

We leave on the Crown Princess this thursday. We decided last minute to upgrade our inside cabin to a balcony since we got a good deal. We've been allocated one of the BG cabins and haven't been given a stateroom number. I understand these balcony rooms are right at the front of the ship.

Has anyone stayed in these? Any problems we should know about regarding noise or the balcony?

I've been told we might get upgraded but nothing as yet. I now need to reprint the luggage tags but there will be no stateroom number on them. I hope the bags find us!!

So excited!

We leave on the Crown Princess this thursday. We decided last minute to upgrade our inside cabin to a balcony since we got a good deal. We've been allocated one of the BG cabins and haven't been given a stateroom number. I understand these balcony rooms are right at the front of the ship.

Has anyone stayed in these? Any problems we should know about regarding noise or the balcony?

I've been told we might get upgraded but nothing as yet. I now need to reprint the luggage tags but there will be no stateroom number on them. I hope the bags find us!!

So excited!

On the Grand Princess we were on Aloha deck on a cruise last year, in the second cabin from the front of the ship. It was a very rough ride. We assumed it was the sea, but we spoke to people in the middle of the ship and they didn't have as much motion. However, our cabin was BC and it was one of the front ones, so maybe yours won't be at the front. The advantage of our cabin was that it was on the highest deck of balcony rooms. The Grand (and I belive the Crown also) has a design that the balconies gradually jut out from the top decks to the lower. So on Aloha, we just had a roof above our balcony. But I could see down into all the balconies below me. It appeared that the two lowest decks with balconies were literally on top of each other with absolutely no privacy. So it's possible the BG class is one of those- but wait and see it could be a great location or maybe a last minute upgrade!. Good luck! We are going on the Crown in October.

So excited!

I assume you are speaking about cabins B202,B206,B201 & B205. Just forward of these cabins is crew area. Ships officers, such as the CD staff usually stay in these areas. Cabins B201 & B202 probably have a solid wall on the forward side of the balcony. B205 & B206 should be the same as any other balcony. There are cabins above and below you so there shouldn't be any problems.

Archived