Toulon/Nice suggestions????

wowed777

My family and I are going to be on the Liberty of the Seas in August. We are looking for things to do in Provence (Toulon) and also in Villefranche (Nice). Anyone have any suggestions?

If you read pages on this board you will find a wealth of information on both places...so much info is here as this question has been asked most recently and Nice gets asked a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I are going to be on the Liberty of the Seas in August. We are looking for things to do in Provence (Toulon) and also in Villefranche (Nice). Anyone have any suggestions?

We are sailing on Liberty in September and are looking for similar suggestions. We read the information here and checked out the ship's options, but stoll have not found a match.

We normally look for a unique tour experience and hope to find that in these two ports. Please share what you find, and we will do the same.

Any feedback you can share upon your return will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your planning.

If you are looking for a private tour company, I can suggest Revelation Tours. We used them for our port day in Cannes. We went to Monaco, Nice, Eze, St. Paul de Vence. We covered a lot of territory, but it never felt rushed.

They will customize the tour the way you want.

http://www.revelation-tours.com/cruise-passengers/

For cruise ship passengers, the list below shows some of the cities they provide tours for:

Monaco

Villefranche

Nice

Cannes

Marseille

Saint-Raphaël

Saint-Tropez

Toulon

Enjoy your visit to France!

We are on LOS 8/4/12. Toulon is a Sunday, so I"m not sure how easy it will be to get anywhere via public transport from what I have read. We aren't going to book private tours for those two stops. I have heard there will be people from TI there when we get off the ship. If we can get to Cassis reasonably easily on our own, we'll do that. Otherwise we'll just see what there is to see in Toulon. For Villefranche, we're going to take the bus or train to Nice for the day. We are traveling with 2 other families with a total of 10 children (5 teenagers). We'll probably split up after seeing the main sites. Some will do the beach and some shopping.

Archived