Iberian Jewels Cruise QE2

vapourtrail

Well, I have had a chance to settle in at home again after the Iberian Jewels cruise on the QE2. This was my first cruise experience, and what a fantastic one it was too. I know some people have knocked the QE2 because of it's age and condition, but I must admit, I thought she was awesome.

I managed to meet up with Juliecat from this forum (which was very pleasant), and I think Julie met up with Navaleye on board too (alas I didn't).

Even though there weren't many people of my age on board, we still found plenty of people to chat to, and had a great time. The food was amazing. I have never eaten so much food in all my life !

For anyone interested, here are a couple of pics that I took as the QM2 was passing us in Southampton.

DSCF0543.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

Great shots, Vaportrail! Glad you had a good trip. Getting ready ourselves in a few weeks, and very much looking forward to it. We'll depart a day too early to see the QM2 in Southampton.

I hope I can add one of my own to complement Vapourtrail's. Sorry we didn't get to meet up. Check out the compressed air coming out of the whistle. If anyone wants an 8mp version let me know.

IMG_0023.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0019.jpg

Archived