Attention Carnival Executives/boardwatchers!

IrishRoots

How about doing something really nice for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet Groups. I have read that some lines give private rooms, munchies, etc, and sometimes even a tour of the ship. It would be great public relations for the line, and make your fans even happier. Last year we had a nice time at the back of the Pool deck on the Glory and met some nice folks however I think if the line just put a little thought and attention into groups like this it would be a win-win situation for all. Yes...I know food is available all the time. I just think it would be nice to do something for these groups.

My husband and I had a nice time conversing with others from all over the country. We had fun with a voluntary group grab bag too!

Anyone else have any thoughts?

How about doing something really nice for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet Groups. I have read that some lines give private rooms, munchies, etc, and sometimes even a tour of the ship. It would be great public relations for the line, and make your fans even happier. Last year we had a nice time at the back of the Pool deck on the Glory and met some nice folks however I think if the line just put a little thought and attention into groups like this it would be a win-win situation for all. Yes...I know food is available all the time. I just think it would be nice to do something for these groups.

Royal Caribbean does an incredible job with meet and greets. This includes munchies, drinks, and Royal Caribbean labeled souvenirs. Most of them that I have attended had many senior officers in attendance too.

Pamela

(Tucson)

Celebrity does it right. They offer coffee and cookies in a private setting. A cash bar is offered. You get ship personnel to attend ie. CD, Hotel Director, and Concierge.

I just don't get CCL way of treating or should I say mistreating their customer. That is why they rank at the bottom of the industry in polls. Cheap price equals cheap cruise! IMO.

Just came off the NCL Pearl and we had a wonderful Meet and Greet in the Cagneys extension with coffee service, juices, pastries, etc. There were 5-6 Senior Officers in attendance, including the Hotel Director, Prem. Finally, everyone who attended the Meet and Greet and signed in was sent an invitation to a Bridge Tour, which was VERY COOL.

Carnival could learn from this :)

Celebrity does it right. They offer coffee and cookies in a private setting. A cash bar is offered. You get ship personnel to attend ie. CD, Hotel Director, and Concierge.

I just don't get CCL way of treating or should I say mistreating their customer. That is why they rank at the bottom of the industry in polls. Cheap price equals cheap cruise! IMO.

How is not offering a meet and greet mistreating customers, and cheap price equal a cheap cruise?:confused:

My husband and I had a nice time conversing with others from all over the country. We had fun with a voluntary group grab bag too!

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm with you....LOL

Our group was told that they will have an area for us, open bar for whatever time slot we pick at a reasonable price to us, and dry snacks. We had to have a min of 20 people but CCL does do something for the roll call groups.

I don't understand your comments. How is not having a ship-sponsored meet and greet mistreating customers? If a M&G is that important, than sail on the lines that offer them, but remember, those lines do charge more to sail.

Carnival sails full (btw, I'm not a cheerleader, just thinking logically), so why do they have to support the M&Gs?

Your opinions are your opinions, but you should really think about what you're saying. Mistreating the customers is far from what Carnival is doing. Look up the definition!

I seem to be an outlier here based on the other comments, but I personally don't care that Carnival doesn't provide anything 'special' for CC Meet & Greets. When I go to a Meet & Greet, it's about meeting the people from the Roll Call that I may have been chatting with for several months leading up to the cruise.

I see people writing to JH's blog saying that the Captain or a Senior Officer from the bridge, and the Cruise Director should come to the M&G and say hello. While it would be a nice thing if they did, this isn't the purpose of a M&G in my mind.

Yes, participants of Cruise Critic are members of a forum that discuss cruises, and are more likely to encourage others to cruise compared to the 'average' cruisers, however I don't think that should warrant a sense of entitlement to special treatment from what may be extended to any other group on board.

I seem to be an outlier here based on the other comments, but I personally don't care that Carnival doesn't provide anything 'special' for CC Meet & Greets. When I go to a Meet & Greet, it's about meeting the people from the Roll Call that I may have been chatting with for several months leading up to the cruise.

I see people writing to JH's blog saying that the Captain or a Senior Officer from the bridge, and the Cruise Director should come to the M&G and say hello. While it would be a nice thing if they did, this isn't the purpose of a M&G in my mind.

Yes, participants of Cruise Critic are members of a forum that discuss cruises, and are more likely to encourage others to cruise compared to the 'average' cruisers, however I don't think that should warrant a sense of entitlement to special treatment from what may be extended to any other group on board.

Very well said.

Our group was told that they will have an area for us, open bar for whatever time slot we pick at a reasonable price to us, and dry snacks. We had to have a min of 20 people but CCL does do something for the roll call groups.

That is really not much to offer. Walk around the promenade deck find an empty room such as piano bar and you have the same thing less some dry snacks.

Royal Caribbean does an incredible job with meet and greets. This includes munchies, drinks, and Royal Caribbean labeled souvenirs. Most of them that I have attended had many senior officers in attendance too.

Pamela

(Tucson)

So does NCL. No drinks except juice and coffee but they supply treats like cookies and brownies. On our first meet and greet the entire senior staff was there. On our last just the captain was missing but he invited all for a tour of the bridge on the last sea day. NCL sometimes offers VIP status to the person organizing the M&G. I did it on our first cruise and had the same perks that I would have had if I had booked a suite.

It doesn't really bother me that Carnival doesn't do this though.

I think you must be confusing this with a paid for cocktail party. I have been to several of both. Never had any dry snacks or a free open bar at a M&G, though a meeting space is provided if you ask for one.

The cocktail party on the other hand is a paid for party $11.44 per person and does include open bar and dry snacks for one hour and does require at least 20 participants.

Hopefully, someone on your roll call knows that a cocktail party needs to be arranged in advance, you have to make sure that everyone that attends is listed on the roster (they might check) and that a single person has collected the money, because the entire cost goes on just one person's S&S account.

ccl doest like cruise critic.. you can tell by when jh refers to this site and the site i wont mention where rumors get started

I doubt Held "Hates" CC. He will poke fun at ha2seaUgo and usually at himself at the same time. He fields questions from people wanting these meet and greets and offers to contact the CD to set up a room and run it in the Fun Times. So they don't send the ca0taint down to stroke a few peoples fragile egos...who cares.

I think you must be confusing this with a paid for cocktail party. I have been to several of both. Never had any dry snacks or a free open bar at a M&G, though a meeting space is provided if you ask for one.

The cocktail party on the other hand is a paid for party $11.44 per person and does include open bar and dry snacks for one hour and does require at least 20 participants.

Hopefully, someone on your roll call knows that a cocktail party needs to be arranged in advance, you have to make sure that everyone that attends is listed on the roster (they might check) and that a single person has collected the money, because the entire cost goes on just one person's S&S account.

We have been to several Meet & Greets on Royal Carrib. & they furnished a private room, snacks and some drinks ( juices, coffee, etc) No free open bar. No big deal, but it does make you feel appreciated.

Doug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulege viewpost.gif

I don't understand your comments. How is not having a ship-sponsored meet and greet mistreating customers? If a M&G is that important, than sail on the lines that offer them, but remember, those lines do charge more to sail.

Carnival sails full (btw, I'm not a cheerleader, just thinking logically), so why do they have to support the M&Gs?

Your opinions are your opinions, but you should really think about what you're saying. Mistreating the customers is far from what Carnival is doing. Look up the definition!

I have had times when I've been irritated by something Carnival does or by some policy of theirs but when it comes down to it, I discovered a while back that when I look back on the Cruises I've taken, I find that I just had a better time on the ones with Carnival. Whether a cruise line gives coffee and cookies or some special perks to past passengers may be nice but when it comes to the real decision of who to cruise with you must go with where do you have the best time for the best overall price.

I was watching a Video sent to me by Princess Cruise line yesterday showing the "upgrades" they are including in their newest ship. EVERY SINGLE ONE was a new PAID venue. Absolutely none of their "upgrades" was going to be included in the price of the cruise. All were new stores, new restaurants (requiring additional payment) etc... So if they transfer coffee and cookies from the buffet (where your can get them on Carnival anyway) to the M&G, is that really such a big deal??? I can go to almost any restaurant in OKC and get a pretty nice meal for $60. So whats so great about being given the opportunity to purchase one on a Cruise when you already paid for the food with your cruise ticket?

I have not been on a ship with the new 2.0 upgrades yet but at least some of these like the new burger place are FREE! I just hope Carnival does NOT try imitate these other cruise lines too much.

I have attended M&G's on other lines where many senior officers attend and offer their phone numbers and almost beg to be allowed to handle ANY problems that occur. Also, they offer bridge tours and as stated previously, VIP status for the CC member who organizes the activities. BUT ----- After the cruise, I have read some scathing reviews from the same people who were at the M&G.

Perhaps Carnival realizes that catering to certain groups is not appreciated nor beneficial .

Archived