Great day at Tapas

quiltsnh

We were in Costa Maya on the Explorer last week. We walked right up to the ticket booth and got in a van immediately. We had a bunch of teens with us. The fihing village was so funky but a great place to spend the day. we walked down from the taxi stand to find Tapas.... we were greeted by Ed who seated us right on the water. We were joined by our friends a while later and they put 3 tables together for us. we ordered a bucket of beer and some drinks. We also had tacos and chips and salsa.... they were very good.

we sat in chair in the water. it was very relaxing and a great way to spend the day... people came by selling banana chips/popcorn and the massage booh was there everything you could want... I highly reccommend it..we came back to the port for some shopping.

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

Traveling with 2 teens that get board hanging with mom and dad just laying around the beach. Did you teens have stuff to keep them interested? Would you say that it would be okay to let them go back to the ship (in a small grp) if they wanted to?

Our group of teens were all around 18 y/o or older... We had taken a van to Mahalajh (sp) they hung out at the beach. Walked up and down the dirt strip.... had their hair braided. Had lunch... there are snorkeling boats banana boat rides and messages. I'm not sure I would let them leave from here to the ship by themselves.....its about a 8-10 minute ride.

If they wanted to hang out at the port there are shops/rest. and also a large pool with activities. I think this area is quite safe and then they could walk back to the ship from here.

Archived